PTGui 10 stitching speeds

  • Mark Fink
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2014
      I upgraded to PTGui 10 this weekend and did some before and after speed tests. Prior to installing v10, I stitched two panos, one shot with a 10mm fisheye and another with a 20mm lens, The fisheye image was 15,000 x 7,500 pixels and the 20mm was 30,000 x 15,000 pixels. Under v9, the fisheye took 5 minutes 38 seconds to stitch, but only 46 seconds with v10. The 20mm stitch took 22:19 under v9 and 4:50 with v10! I think the 20mm time savings was less than the fisheye stitch due to the time required to save the significantly larger file to disk. Final stitch times are closer to what I remember waiting for lower resolution previews to produce.

      Great job Joost!

      Mark

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2014
        BUT
        does not work on MAC OS 10.8  :-(

        +55-21-99982.6313
        http://ayrton360.com
        twitter.com/ayrton360

        "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

        On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM, 'Mark Fink' markdfink@... [PanoToolsNG] <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I upgraded to PTGui 10 this weekend and did some before and after speed tests. Prior to installing v10, I stitched two panos, one shot with a 10mm fisheye and another with a 20mm lens, The fisheye image was 15,000 x 7,500 pixels and the 20mm was 30,000 x 15,000 pixels. Under v9, the fisheye took 5 minutes 38 seconds to stitch, but only 46 seconds with v10. The 20mm stitch took 22:19 under v9 and 4:50 with v10! I think the 20mm time savings was less than the fisheye stitch due to the time required to save the significantly larger file to disk. Final stitch times are closer to what I remember waiting for lower resolution previews to produce.

        Great job Joost!

        Mark

      • wmd2
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2014
          I had no problem running PTGui 10 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2014

            On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM, wdelabarre@... [PanoToolsNG] <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I had no problem running PTGui 10 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9

            that's EXACTLY what I said :-)
            Does NOT run on 10.8