nikon 10.5 fisheye lens

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2014
      Hi,
      Is it better than 8mm Samyang?
      I have an opportunity of buying it for $385 used. Should I?

      A Kielcz
      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
    • Robert Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2014
        I have had a 10.5mm for more than 10 years and just bought a Rokinon/Samyang 8mm and so far they have tested amazingly similar. I haven't tested for flair yet but did use the 8mm at the Dragon V2 unveiling last night and was surprised by the results. The only thing I don't like is the 8mm is difficult to focus. I find the 10.5mm easier to focus. the downside of the 8mm will be durability since it an all plastic body but the $214 I paid for the 8mm it's a pretty amazing lens.

        On May 30, 2014, at 10:03 AM, A Kielcz roblee007@... [PanoToolsNG] <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi,
        Is it better than 8mm Samyang?
        I have an opportunity of buying it for $385 used. Should I?

        A Kielcz
        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        Cheers
        Robert Fisher