New Ultralight Panoheads for Sigma 8mm, 4.5mm, Samyang 8mm

  • thuang2
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2014
      Announcing new Ultralight Panoheads for:

      Sigma 8mm f3.5
      Sigma 4.5mm f2.8
      Samyang 8mm f3.5 CSI and CSII
      Samyang 8mm f2.8 Series II (pre-order)
      Nikkor 10.5mm f2.8 (pre-order)
      Lensbaby Circular Fisheye (pre-order)

      Ultralight Panorama Photography TOM SHOT 360

    • alan_r_cam
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2014
        $255 US ? Plus postage?
        Yes, it's nice - but not THAT nice.

        Get the price under $100, and we'll talk.
        Until then - you're dreaming.
      • thuang2
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2014
          Hi Alan,
          Thanks for the message.

          Regarding the price, you'll have to consider that the value of the USD has dropped more than 20% over the past few years.  Most of the components are made here in Europe where the cost of manufacturing is higher.  The main cost is the 3D printed part, it's quite expensive to make.  There are also the additional costs of prototyping and labor.

          If you decide to try 3D printing something using the SLS method, I think you'll appreciate it's value.  The benefit of 3D printing is the ability to create complex uni-body shapes, whereas CNC and injection molding would require multiple parts to make.  It's also very lightweight.