Replacement for "ptviewer" Java App?

  • Alan Ritter
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 2:29 PM
      I have several panoramas on my site that still use the old "ptviewer"
      Java app. It doesn't play nicely with the security settings in the
      current Java release, so anyone who wants to view those panoramas will
      end up having to manually whitelist my website, which is pretty much a
      non-starter for folks.

      Is there a newer recommended viewer for equirectangular panorama images
      that plays nicely with the current Java release and its security protocols?

      Thanks!

      --
      /s/jar (Alan Ritter, jar@...)
      http://www.mtritter.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28 2:45 PM

        Java viewers are history as of 10 years ago.

        Krpano deals with equirectangulars, but I’d recommend converting everything to cubic multires. Even if they are small resolution, multires will only show the minimum image you need speeding up viewing across all devices.

        If you know server side scripting you could run a script to check the existence of multi resolution tiles for a requested image and tile it if its not found. If you are hosting thousands of equirectugular images. Otherwise, its pretty simple just to do it by hand.

        Krpano is nice because it plays nicely across all capable devices and is updated every few months with new features and bug fixes.

        Krpano is flash/css3d/webgl.

        Best Regards,

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com