Ricoh Theta app

  • Bill Ward
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2014
      I've not posted for a long time.

      The (free) Ricoh Theta app on android lets you view equirectangular jpegs
      directly on your tablet/phone, though the definition is low. It's a good
      development. I was just wondering if it's the same on the iPad/iPhone

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2014
        https://theta360.com/s/74y

        Spotted this one. I might buy a Theta, curious device

        Bill

        http://billward.co/

      • Bill Ward
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22, 2014
          Just out of curiosity...

          On a very low powered android phone which can only just load the spherical
          images from the theta site, when looking straight up at the zenith I can see
          a five sided black shape.

          This is interesting because it must mean that the displayed image is not
          cubic, as in current html5 or flash. It can't be equirectangular. Must be
          five tiles around and one up and one down?

          http://billward.co//wp-content/phoneTheta.jpg

          Bill

        • panokaemena