vid from panos

  • john law
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2014
      Colleagues,
      So 50% success! - Toni can see it without trouble, Scott cannot.
      Please try another version on: http://john-law.net/projects/vid/

      I'm also on a Mac Pro - v old using 10.6.8 usually and when I restart in Mavericks it plays ok as well.
      A friend in the US comments "Perhaps the best use I've seen of converting cubic panoramas to video with motion. An amazing number of disciplines wrapped into one brief film. Kudos."
      So no problems there.
      Maybe the probs are at Scott's end?

      JL

    • Scott Highton
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2014
        Yes, it seems as though after trying to watch this video previously, I was having problems with other sites, as well. A restart of my Mac fixed the problem, so it was probably on my end.

        Now, however, with your new link, the video takes forever to load, and when it does play (I only got through the first 40-50 seconds, after waiting 10 minutes for the movie to stream), the narration track sounds very gravelly. Not sure whether this is an audio compression problem, or whether the voice actually does sound a bit like a satanic curse. (grin)

        Best,

        Scott

        Scott Highton
        Author, Virtual Reality Photography