video from panos

  • hanneshensel
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013

      Hi everyone,

      I'm looking for a way to create video sequences from panos. Ideal would be a way to generate them directly from a QTVR within Premiere. As far as I got with that topic I believe there is no way to do so.

      Does anyone no a proper way to make it work? Input material is high res panos 10000px width equirect, Goal is to use it with premiere for a HD Project. As less steps as possible inbetween, of course...

      Regards, Hannes

    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013

         Question.. are you trying to drop it in as a single image or rather show portions of it sequentially as video frames?

        jimbo
        I'm looking for a way to create video sequences from panos. Ideal would be a way to generate them directly from a QTVR within Premiere. As far as I got with that topic I believe there is no way to do so.

        Does anyone no a proper way to make it work? Input material is high res panos 10000px width equirect, Goal is to use it with premiere for a HD Project. As less steps as possible inbetween, of course...

        Regards, Hannes

        No virus found in this message.

      • hanneshensel
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013

          Not as a single Image. I would like to move / zoom through the QTVR and create a Video sequence from it (by Setting key Frames for example).

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013
              if you've the original equirects, there's a way to get this with a
              maximum of quality and creative possibilities:

              in brief
              - batch convert the equirects to cube faces with maximal size
              - bring one cubeface package in adobe after effects and treat them as a
              composition with 6 3D-layers and a camera (there are a lot of tutorials,
              how to do this, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKr2-CHC1lI)
              - use the professional keyframe animation parameters in AE to do
              everything you want with the panorama (even roll the camera, what most
              players can't do, add motion blur, blend, change colors etc.)
              - render the animations on AE and cut them in premiere or do the cutting
              in AE with multiple compositions or import the AE project directly in
              premiere as an editable, linked clip which works with all newer versions
              of creative suite.

              an equirect of 10k gives you a maximal cube size of 3183px which allows
              you to zoom in with about 160% for Full HD.

              hope this helps
              thomas

              Am 04.10.13 21:49, schrieb panokaemena@...:
              > check this out : http://pano2movie.com
              >

              > On Oct 4, 2013, at 21:40, h.hensel@...
              > <mailto:h.hensel@...> wrote:
              >

              >> Not as a single Image. I would like to move / zoom through the QTVR
              >> and create a Video sequence from it (by Setting key Frames for example).
              >>

              >> ---In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>, <panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
              >>

              >> Question.. are you trying to drop it in as a single image or rather
              >> show portions of it sequentially as video frames?
              >> jimbo

            • Thomas Bredenfeld
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013
                forgot to add some more :-)

                you can also use the equirects directly with the trapcode after effects
                plugin "horizon"
                (http://www.redgiant.com/products/all/trapcode-horizon/). here's a short
                video from christian bloch: http://vimeo.com/21316143 and another
                example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWqJiy1vnA

              • hanneshensel
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013

                  Thanks for your help guys. We are using the Plugin mentioned by Thomas now. Very nice.

                  Regards, Hannes

                • Thomas Bredenfeld
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013
                    you're welcome :-)