10-17mm Pentax zoom fisheye

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013
      I would grateful if anyone can tell me the Nodal Ninja III setting for this lens when used for six-around panoramas. Alternatively, the spot on the lens that should be precisely over the center of rotation of the NNIII.

      I had it just right for the years since 2009 when I was using it with my Kx, but I am having problems setting it up with my K-01. In the meantime I had readjusted it for four around with my Peleng and relied on my memory for setting it back for the zoom fisheye. Bad decision. And now my eyesight and hand-eye coordination have deteriorated to the point where it's proving impossible to find that sweet spot again... I've tried using live view with magnification and can't make it work.

      Roger W

      Sent from my iPad
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
        Am 30.09.2013 05:43, schrieb Roger D Williams:
        > I would grateful if anyone can tell me the Nodal Ninja III setting
        > for this lens when used for six-around panoramas. Alternatively, the
        > spot on the lens that should be precisely over the center of rotation
        > of the NNIII.

        There's a measurement on
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database
        but this might be of little help.

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2013
          Thank you, Erik. I had already been through that page but on your recommendation I went through it again very carefully and found one measurement (distance of NPP from flange face) for my Pentax zoom fisheye and will test that. No angular rotation was specified, but probably this was measured for the 60 degrees I will be using. Will test later today.

          Roger W

          Sent from my iPad