Linhof head question

  • capedoryus
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2013
      Just picked up a used Linhof tripod. It is wonderful. I have a question about the head. It is a pan and tilt head. The pan is marked with degree marks and works perfect. I would love to use it with my pano bracket but the screw for attaching the camera to the head is offset from the center. Any info on why the screw would be offset from the pivot of the head? I have an interest in the history of this tripod and head combo re panorama photographs. Looks like it is from the 1960s to 1970s. I can use my pano bracket without the Linhof head. Thanks in advance.

      John Conway
      Key West Fl
    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2013

        John most of the Pan / tilt heads I've been exposed had a quick release base attached to the top so you wouldn't typically mount the camera directly to the head.. Possibly that part was removed for some reason by the previous owner.. Do you know what model head it is? That should be easy enough to find out.. If it's missing and you want to add it  Kirk Enterprises can provide you one and he could put the mounting hole where you need it.

        jimbo

        Just picked up a used Linhof tripod. It is wonderful. I have a question about the head. It is a pan and tilt head. The pan is marked with degree marks and works perfect. I would love to use it with my pano bracket but the screw for attaching the camera to the head is offset from the center. Any info on why the screw would be offset from the pivot of the head? I have an interest in the history of this tripod and head combo re panorama photographs. Looks like it is from the 1960s to 1970s. I can use my pano bracket without the Linhof head. Thanks in advance.

        John Conway
        Key West Fl

        No virus found in this message.