Re: New Magic Lantern breakthrough -- dual ISO

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 9, 2013
      Am 09.09.2013 20:07, schrieb Keith Martin:
      > ETTR is an old technique – well, old compared to Magic Lantern builds
      > at least – that aims to get the most from digital sensors. Photos
      > taken using the ETTR approach need to be processed to adjust the
      > final appearance down from the slight over-exposed appearance. But it
      > takes practise to do this while not actually clipping highlights.
      > (Ones you don't want clipped, anyway.)
      >
      > I don't know how precisely this maps to the Magic Lantern feature,
      > but it's definitely worth exploring.

      Precisely. With the exception that ML can show you the raw histogram,
      how near you are to the right side of the histogram and even do ETTR
      automatically. On request the even write a XMP file with the exposure
      correction needed in order to get standard exposure.

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 10, 2013
        Is the function avaliable to 600D too???

        2013/9/9 Keith Martin <keith@...>
        > In Magic Lantern there are various display options for checking the tonal distribution curves etc and a feature called ETTR (expose to the Right) which is recommended for use with DualISO -- but I havent read up on that stuff yet.

        ETTR is an old technique – well, old compared to Magic Lantern builds at least – that aims to get the most from digital sensors. Photos taken using the ETTR approach need to be processed to adjust the final appearance down from the slight over-exposed appearance. But it takes practise to do this while not actually clipping highlights. (Ones you don't want clipped, anyway.)

        I don't know how precisely this maps to the Magic Lantern feature, but it's definitely worth exploring.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

        Luca Vascon.
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 11, 2013
          Am 10.09.2013 09:06, schrieb Luca Vascon:
          > Is the function avaliable to 600D too???

          Auto ETTR? Apparently it does:
          http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5494.0

          Recent nightly build: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

          Perhaps you need the raw-rec module: