Re: Hyperlapse into VT to see during transiction beetween pano with krpano

  • nonchiedercilaparola
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 30, 2013
      hi, i know from krpano forum that is it possibile to transform ptgui
      parameters (yaw, roll, pitch, hfov) in krpano hotspot value (ath, atv,
      width, rotate). i think that is necessary a forumula to convert krpano
      hotspot value in krpano view pano value (hlookat, vlookat, fov).

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 31, 2013
        Yes, this is one of the things, it is necessary, but it is only one. The important part is that the VIDEO has to be PTGUI corrected too.
        I rise however my doubts on the efectiveness of this. It IS an enormous load of work, to achieve an effect that is quite useless and not cool enough to generate paid work. If the technique is used for something more interesting... maybe!!

        2013/8/30 nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...>
        hi, i know from krpano forum that is it possibile to transform ptgui
        parameters (yaw, roll, pitch, hfov) in krpano hotspot value (ath, atv,
        width, rotate). i think that is necessary a forumula to convert krpano
        hotspot value in krpano view pano value (hlookat, vlookat, fov).

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Luca Vascon.
      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 1, 2013
          On 9 Aug 2013, at 00:31, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

          > i think that in evertscape.com the effect isn't a real hyperlapse but a
          > zooming and transiction event that simultated hyperlapse

          That would actually be rather more likely to work smoothly. 'Moving' through a pile of new images at a video-like speed could be a problem if the bandwidth isn't very good.

        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 1, 2013
            On 29 Aug 2013, at 20:22, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

            > thanks very interesting link. this can be realized in krpano. the problem is
            > to get coincidence between pano view and the hypelapse image.

            You'd need to script it so the panorama moved to the right viewpoint and zoom before proceeding with whatever method you chose to use. I've done this in the past, I think with lookto settings, then zooming in, and finally crossfading to the next panorama. I doubt I have the files still available though, sorry!

          • giant_klobasa_monster
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 2, 2013

               everyscape is "2.5D" and it creates a sparse 3d representation of each space by defining the walls, floor, ceiling. then an animated flythrough is generated to transition from one pano to the next.

              basically they automatically generate what you call a "hyperlapse" (what is a hyperlapse, anyway)

              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                this is my test (all is deliberately poor quality):
                http://www.photospherical.it/VT/test/vtour-hyperlapse-multiframe/tour.html
                (hyperlapse realized by animation hotspot)

                my principal problems are two:
                - coincidence between pano view and rectilinear image/hotspot that I
                mentioned earlier;
                - no support in html 5 for autostar video (hyperlapse by video plugin) and
                for multiframe (hyperlapse by animation hotspot)

              • nonchiedercilaparola
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                  I have to realized this transformation:
                  from WITH ATH ATV ROTATE to FOV HLOOKAT VLOOKAT

                  I asked to krpano forum in several post but i haven't received a replay.

                • nonchiedercilaparola
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                    can you explain me more clearaly?

                    "it creates a sparse 3d representation of each space by defining the walls,
                    floor, ceiling. then an animated flythrough is generated to transition from
                    one pano to the next"

                    the transitions are a simple effect zoom. in all process only two pano
                    images are involved.
                    - after click the pano view change;
                    - then it starts a zoomed effect over a cube faces of other pano.

                    do we say the same thing?

                  • Sacha Griffin
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                      That looks just like my example but 10 times more complicated.

                      What does calc_pos_from_hfov_yaw_pitch_roll do?

                      If you are changing scenes just use the video player plugin.

                      Workflow

                      Hotspot zooms to match the window with the video.

                      Video starts 100%x100%

                      Video on done loads destination.

                      And it works on ipad with 4 lines of code.

                      If the graphic is displayed fullsize, hotspots should be a plugin instead. Much less complicated.

                      Best Regards,

                      Sacha Griffin

                      http://www.seeit360.com

                      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

                      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

                      IM: sachagriffin007@...

                      Office: 404-551-4275

                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                        this my video hyperlapse test:

                        www.photospherical.it/VT/test/vtour-hyperlapse-video/tour.html

                        with this method (video plugin) there are problem becouse video doesn't
                        start automatically in html5:(

                        all video that i have seen in html5 don't start automatically.

                        is there a trick to bypass this problem?

                      • Sacha Griffin
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                          Oh right. My hyperlapse example isn’t setup for ipad apparently.

                          I do have another normal distorted video that works.

                          The workaround is to use the posterurl as the hotspot. Then it starts immediately.

                          See here.

                          http://www.seeit360.com/360-virtual-tours/pool-therapy-room

                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                            To add, you do have to go the hotspot route and extract and insert a pixel perfect posterurl and place a button on that image.

                            Touching the posterurl, zooms to the hotspots and begins playing just like in your example and finishes by loading the next scene.

                            Using a video is easier than having to deal with all those frames.

                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                              Hi, i saw your vt from my android tablet.
                              I can see these problems:
                              - after click video starts with a grey (default browswer) or black (chrome)
                              - when i navigate the vt the rettanguler for video moves

                              Whith strip of images i think it is more clean. Klaus of krpano said me that
                              with this technic canal plus realized
                              this:http://lesrevenants.canalplus.fr/?lang=en&html=true#!/intro

                              But on my tablet works only in chrome desktop compatibility

                              On ipad i remember that it works

                            • Luca Vascon

                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 7, 2013
                                  about this issue? no one feels the need

                                  is it possible to coincide view of a pano (hlookat, vlookat, camroll, fov)
                                  with pano rectilinear extraction (width, ath, atv, rotate get by ptgui value
                                  - hfov, vfov, yaw, pitch, roll )?