defisheyeing a circular fisheye image

  • Tom Sparks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
      I am trying to defisheye a circular fisheye image like[1] where the nadir is at the bottom

      I have tried fred's fisheye2pano.sh[2],  it assume the nadir is at the center of the image
      I have tried hugin, and it would not dewarp image

      Any guides that I can read that may help me?

      [1]  http://wiki.panotools.org/images/5/5b/Big_ben_circ_fisheye.jpg
      [2] http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/fisheye2pano/index.php
      ---
      tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
      Child of the Internet born 1983
      PGP ID: A7EF6006
      Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
      Ubuntu wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tomsparks
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
        Am 29.08.2013 20:32, schrieb Tom Sparks:
        > I am trying to defisheye a circular fisheye image like[1] where the nadir is at the bottom
        >

        > I have tried fred's fisheye2pano.sh[2], it assume the nadir is at the center of the image
        >
        > I have tried hugin, and it would not dewarp image

        hugin should be perfect to defish images. However, you should know that
        it is not possible to get the whole width of the image into rectilinear
        projection. This is because rectilinear projection can't show 180° angle
        of view.like a circular fisheye does. But defishing portions of an image
        using hugin should be easy:
        http://m43photo.blogspot.de/2012/03/defishing-fisheye-images.html