pts and stitched files linked in Lightroom?

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2013

      In Lightroom, I just noticed now when I deleted a TIFF that I stitched in PTGui that the corresponding PTGui .pts file was deleted as well. I also noticed that when I rename the TIFF in Lightroom, it changes the name of the PTGui .pts file. Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea how the two are being linked together? Fortunately, I caught it in time and restored the .pts file from the Recycle Bin.

      Mark

    • Michel Thoby
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2013
        Le 29 août 2013 à 19:45, Mark D. Fink a écrit :

        In Lightroom, I just noticed now when I deleted a TIFF that I stitched in PTGui that the corresponding PTGui .pts file was deleted as well.

        I could not replicate this weird thing on my machine.

        I also noticed that when I rename the TIFF in Lightroom, it changes the name of the PTGui .pts file. Has anyone else noticed this?

        I was not able to fully replicate this behavior. As a matter of fact, the (.pts) file name remained intact all the way through the experiment with a TIF panorama file.
        Unexpected:  the "twin-redundant" (JPG) image file that had been outputted from the same PTGui project before this (TIF) panorama image (and with the same prefix name), was renamed too by LR and by the same token!

        Any idea how the two are being linked together?

        No idea,

        Michel

        Mac OS 10.6.8;  Lightroom 4.4
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2013

          Of course now I can't replicate this behavior either. I had renamed and moved the containing folder yesterday, so I tried all of those combinations, but the pts file wasn't affected. I'll keep an eye on this in the future in case it happens again.

          Mark