Re: [PanoToolsNG] Looking for a good, not expensive pan head (SPHERICAL PHOTO)

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
      si, le ho viste, sono già in contatto con loro, e sembrano fatte da dio. Non le ho citate perchè non mi sono venute in mente subito.
      Yes, Seen them already contacted them to make my compliments, they really look like fantastic. I was forgetting to mention them!!
      Ciao Fiore!
      Luca.

      2013/8/29 Strategy7 - Fiore Cappone <strategy7@...>

      Darei un'occhiatina anche a queste
      http://bushman-panoramic.com/   ;-)

      2013/8/29 Luca Vascon <luca.vascon@...>

      Ciao Rita.

      My advice would be to get a small Nodal Ninja, I do not know if nn3 is long enough for the  18-200.
      Maybe think about a Samyang fisheye lens!

      In questo momento le NN sono le teste col migliore rapporto qualità prezzo. Sono tra i pochi che pensano VERAMENTE a quello che fanno, vite per vite, pezzo per pezzo.
      Le Agnos sono ottime (molte lo ho ideate io) ma non sono piccole, nè leggere, nè economiche.
      Panosauro, se hai pochi soldi è la testa migliore, ma appena ci prendi davvero gusto ne vedi i limiti, piu che altro le dimensioni, robustezza, ecc. ecc.....

      è questa la MCOPLUS?
      Se è lei, mi sembra un poco un tafanario, ma vorrei vederla dal vicino. Sembra la brutta copia di quella ciofeca della Manfrotto.

      Se sei in sicilia la settimana prossima vieni al panotools meeting, e comunque, se passi per Venezia, fammi un fischio!!

      2013/8/29 Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...>

      Ciao Rita,

      as you are Italian try this Italian enterprise: http://www.agnos.com/ , they are not expensive but good. It is one of the pioneering enterprises on the field of pano-hardware.

      Boštjan

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
        The Panosaurus 2.0 is made from aluminium, other than the base which is still plastic. I know the first generation was all plastic, which as you and many others found made it decidedly unsuitable for dSLRs. :-/

        Rita, I don't know how good (or bad) the new version is, but until someone chips in with personal experience I'd advise against putting it at the top of your shopping list.

        Good panorama hardware is not cheap, but that's largely because this is a relatively small market, and also because of the high level of technical precision and testing that's required. The good news is that you do get what you pay for: there are some *excellent* products out there.

        (On this note, I've been contemplating writing a large magazine article on VR pano production for a little while now. It's a very exciting, fascinating field. But the feature isn't past initial planning stage at the moment.)

        Sent by iPad

        On 29 Aug 2013, at 14:00, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

        I started out with Panosaurus.... is it good? No. Is it usable? Yes. Can it be sold after you decide you should do some serious panoramas? No, but it can be thrown into the trashbin... and pollute.  It is made of PVC plastic that shrinks and twists in sunlight, breaks if it falls.... it is NOT a good head... but it can and will do the job for beginners.

        My best advice is to go with NN.

        Did you ever USE Panosaurus Jeffrey?

        Trausti

        On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

        get a PANOSAURUS

        cheap as hell. you can't go wrong

        if you like making panos, then step up and pay real money for a nodal ninja or something.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rita Conti <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

        > Thank you for your tips. Other people suggest me to see the Nodal Ninja
        > ones.
        > I saw a lot of models and I found the Roundabout NP. What do you think of
        > this<http://www.roundabout-np.de/epages/63231192.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63231192/Products/06/SubProducts/06-0001>
        > ?
        > Thank you again.
        >

        > 2013/8/28 timcuneo <timcuneo@...>
        >
        > > **

        > > Excellent pano heads that is reasonably priced are the Nodal Ninjas. They
        > > are extremely well built and can handle a camera body and lens up to 200mm.
        > > They have discontinued and factory seconds for sale on their site. This is
        > > the link to that page:
        > >
        > > http://shop.nodalninja.com/irregulars-discontinued/
        > >
        > > I have had my NN5 and it is easy to used and accurate.
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
        > > > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the
        > > photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses
        > > 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks.
        > > It's very fascinating.
        > > >
        > > > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic
        > > head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
        > > >
        > > > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would
        > > like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan
        > > head (with good quality/price).
        > > >
        > > > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads
        > > that sounds me enjoyable:
        > > >
        > > > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
        > > > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
        > > > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
        > > > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
        > > >

        > > > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to
        > > combine, if possible, with the head.
        > > >
        > > > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate
        > > these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a
        > > good solution?
        > > > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
        > > > Thank you very much.
        > > >
        > > > All my best,
        > > > Rita.

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
          ... Could we try to do it together?? I'm good at writing... in ITALIAN!!! :-DD

          --
          Luca Vascon.
        • ritaconti84
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013
            Dear all,

            thank you to everyone.. I will appraise everything and I'll tell you my choice.
            Thank you indeed for all the useful tips you gave to me.

            Rita.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

            > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
            > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
            >
            > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
            >
            > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
            >
            > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
            >
            > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
            > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
            > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
            > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
            >

            > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
            >
            > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
            > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
            > Thank you very much.
            >
            > All my best,
            > Rita.

          • giant_klobasa_monster
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013

              hell yes i used the panosaurus for about 2 years! i still have it on my shelf. in good shape.

              --- In panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com, <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

              Dear all,

              thank you to everyone.. I will appraise everything and I'll tell you my choice.
              Thank you indeed for all the useful tips you gave to me.

              Rita.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

              > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
              > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
              >
              > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
              >
              > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
              >
              > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
              >
              > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
              > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
              > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
              > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
              >

              > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
              >
              > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
              > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
              > Thank you very much.
              >
              > All my best,
              > Rita.

            • giant_klobasa_monster
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013

                 good point.

                save money, buy the cheapest panohead possible, and then buy a samyang fisheye lens for $300

                don't use your 18-200, it WILL be painful, and it will discourage you from wanting to make panos.