Looking for a good, not expensive pan head (SPHERICAL PHOTO)

  • ritaconti84
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 28, 2013
      I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
      Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.

      But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.

      I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).

      I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:

      - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
      - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
      - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
      - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2

      I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.

      But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
      I'm looking forward to hear from you.
      Thank you very much.

      All my best,
      Rita.
    • Adrien Fontvielle
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 28, 2013
        I don't know this one, but it is quite cheap and seems to be good for begginers.
        cheers
        Adrien

        Adrien Fontvielle

        2013/8/28 ritaconti84 <norberg.shulz@...>

[...]

      • timcuneo
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 28, 2013
          Excellent pano heads that is reasonably priced are the Nodal Ninjas. They are extremely well built and can handle a camera body and lens up to 200mm. They have discontinued and factory seconds for sale on their site. This is the link to that page:

          http://shop.nodalninja.com/irregulars-discontinued/

          I have had my NN5 and it is easy to used and accurate.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

          > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
          > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
          >
          > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
          >
          > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
          >
          > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
          >
          > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
          > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
          > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
          > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
          >

          > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
          >
          > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
          > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
          > Thank you very much.
          >
          > All my best,
          > Rita.

        • Rita Conti
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 28, 2013
            Thank you for your tips. Other people suggest me to see the Nodal Ninja ones.
            I saw a lot of models and I found the Roundabout NP. What do you think of this
            Thank you again.

            2013/8/28 timcuneo <timcuneo@...>

            Excellent pano heads that is reasonably priced are the Nodal Ninjas. They are extremely well built and can handle a camera body and lens up to 200mm. They have discontinued and factory seconds for sale on their site. This is the link to that page:

            http://shop.nodalninja.com/irregulars-discontinued/

            I have had my NN5 and it is easy to used and accurate.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

            > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
            > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
            >
            > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
            >
            > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
            >
            > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
            >
            > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
            > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
            > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
            > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
            >

            > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
            >
            > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
            > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
            > Thank you very much.
            >
            > All my best,
            > Rita.

          • Rodrigo Alarcon
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 28, 2013
              Hi Rita,

              Yes it is very similar to the Nodal Ninja3. The only thing is that it looks a bit shaky, maybe the way the photos were taken?, like the camera is too small for the length of the arm and small base and any slight knocking of the tripod will cause it to vibrate.

              kind regards,

              Rodrigo

              2013/8/28 timcuneo <timcuneo@...>

              Excellent pano heads that is reasonably priced are the Nodal Ninjas. They are extremely well built and can handle a camera body and lens up to 200mm. They have discontinued and factory seconds for sale on their site. This is the link to that page:

              http://shop.nodalninja.com/irregulars-discontinued/

              I have had my NN5 and it is easy to used and accurate.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

              > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
              > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
              >
              > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
              >
              > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
              >
              > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
              >
              > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
              > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
              > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
              > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
              >

              > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
              >
              > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
              > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
              > Thank you very much.
              >
              > All my best,
              > Rita.

            • giant_klobasa_monster
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                get a PANOSAURUS

                cheap as hell. you can't go wrong

                if you like making panos, then step up and pay real money for a nodal ninja or something.

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rita Conti <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

                > Thank you for your tips. Other people suggest me to see the Nodal Ninja
                > ones.
                > I saw a lot of models and I found the Roundabout NP. What do you think of
                > this<http://www.roundabout-np.de/epages/63231192.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63231192/Products/06/SubProducts/06-0001>
                > ?
                > Thank you again.
                >

                > 2013/8/28 timcuneo <timcuneo@...>
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Excellent pano heads that is reasonably priced are the Nodal Ninjas. They
                > > are extremely well built and can handle a camera body and lens up to 200mm.
                > > They have discontinued and factory seconds for sale on their site. This is
                > > the link to that page:
                > >
                > > http://shop.nodalninja.com/irregulars-discontinued/
                > >
                > > I have had my NN5 and it is easy to used and accurate.
                > >

                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
                > > > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the
                > > photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses
                > > 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks.
                > > It's very fascinating.
                > > >
                > > > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic
                > > head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
                > > >
                > > > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would
                > > like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan
                > > head (with good quality/price).
                > > >
                > > > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads
                > > that sounds me enjoyable:
                > > >
                > > > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
                > > > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
                > > > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
                > > > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
                > > >

                > > > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to
                > > combine, if possible, with the head.
                > > >
                > > > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate
                > > these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a
                > > good solution?
                > > > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
                > > > Thank you very much.
                > > >
                > > > All my best,
                > > > Rita.

              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                  I started out with Panosaurus.... is it good? No. Is it usable? Yes. Can it be sold after you decide you should do some serious panoramas? No, but it can be thrown into the trashbin... and pollute.  It is made of PVC plastic that shrinks and twists in sunlight, breaks if it falls.... it is NOT a good head... but it can and will do the job for beginners.

                  My best advice is to go with NN.

                  Did you ever USE Panosaurus Jeffrey?

                  Trausti

                • Luc Villeneuve
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                    I second Trausti. I don't know many manufacturers but I know Nodal Ninja and their smart products. Everytime I had to deal with customer support, they went beyond my expectation.

                    I hate to change equipment because i bought the wrong product. Chat with them. Not sure that the 18-200mm is a good choice. Personally, I only use prime lenses.

                    Have fun!

                  • António Cabral
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                      Very true Luc

                      Com os melhores cumprimentos,
                      António Cabral

                      No dia 29/08/2013, às 12:43, Luc Villeneuve <luc_villeneuve@...> escreveu:

> [...]

                      > > > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic
                      > > head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
                      > > >
                      > > > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would
                      > > like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan
                      > > head (with good quality/price).
                      > > >
                      > > > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads
                      > > that sounds me enjoyable:
                      > > >
                      > > > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
                      > > > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
                      > > > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
                      > > > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
                      > > >

                      > > > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to
                      > > combine, if possible, with the head.
                      > > >
                      > > > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate
                      > > these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a

                    • Sacha Griffin
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                        +1
                        I started with the Saurus. It's a good head if you want to decide if shooting 360s is going to be something viable.

                        I switched to an NN5 after it wouldn't work in high winds.

                        Sacha Griffin
                        Office: 404-551-4275

                      • Bostjan Burger
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                          Ciao Rita,

                          as you are Italian try this Italian enterprise: http://www.agnos.com/ , they are not expensive but good. It is one of the pioneering enterprises on the field of pano-hardware.

                          Boštjan

                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                            Ciao Rita.

                            My advice would be to get a small Nodal Ninja, I do not know if nn3 is long enough for the  18-200.
                            Maybe think about a Samyang fisheye lens!

                            In questo momento le NN sono le teste col migliore rapporto qualità prezzo. Sono tra i pochi che pensano VERAMENTE a quello che fanno, vite per vite, pezzo per pezzo.
                            Le Agnos sono ottime (molte lo ho ideate io) ma non sono piccole, nè leggere, nè economiche.
                            Panosauro, se hai pochi soldi è la testa migliore, ma appena ci prendi davvero gusto ne vedi i limiti, piu che altro le dimensioni, robustezza, ecc. ecc.....

                            è questa la MCOPLUS?
                            Se è lei, mi sembra un poco un tafanario, ma vorrei vederla dal vicino. Sembra la brutta copia di quella ciofeca della Manfrotto.

                            Se sei in sicilia la settimana prossima vieni al panotools meeting, e comunque, se passi per Venezia, fammi un fischio!!

                            --
                            Luca Vascon.
                          • Strategy7 - Fiore Cappone

[...]

                              Fiore Cappone - www.fiorecappone.com
                              Google Trusted Photographer - www.cosenzabusinessphotos.com
                              @ -  strategy7@...
                              Via Giovanni Gronchi, 21 - 87100 Cosenza (CS)
                              Tel. 0984 1867258 Cell. 346 8022488
                            • Luca Vascon

                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                                  The Panosaurus 2.0 is made from aluminium, other than the base which is still plastic. I know the first generation was all plastic, which as you and many others found made it decidedly unsuitable for dSLRs. :-/

                                  Rita, I don't know how good (or bad) the new version is, but until someone chips in with personal experience I'd advise against putting it at the top of your shopping list.

                                  Good panorama hardware is not cheap, but that's largely because this is a relatively small market, and also because of the high level of technical precision and testing that's required. The good news is that you do get what you pay for: there are some *excellent* products out there.

                                  (On this note, I've been contemplating writing a large magazine article on VR pano production for a little while now. It's a very exciting, fascinating field. But the feature isn't past initial planning stage at the moment.)

                                  Sent by iPad

                                • Luca Vascon
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 29, 2013
                                    ... Could we try to do it together?? I'm good at writing... in ITALIAN!!! :-DD

                                    --
                                    Luca Vascon.
                                  • ritaconti84
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013
                                      Dear all,

                                      thank you to everyone.. I will appraise everything and I'll tell you my choice.
                                      Thank you indeed for all the useful tips you gave to me.

                                      Rita.

                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

                                      > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
                                      > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
                                      >
                                      > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
                                      >
                                      > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
                                      >
                                      > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
                                      >
                                      > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
                                      > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
                                      > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
                                      > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
                                      >

                                      > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
                                      >
                                      > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
                                      > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
                                      > Thank you very much.
                                      >
                                      > All my best,
                                      > Rita.

                                    • giant_klobasa_monster
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013

                                        hell yes i used the panosaurus for about 2 years! i still have it on my shelf. in good shape.

                                        --- In panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com, <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

                                        Dear all,

                                        thank you to everyone.. I will appraise everything and I'll tell you my choice.
                                        Thank you indeed for all the useful tips you gave to me.

                                        Rita.

                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ritaconti84" <norberg.shulz@...> wrote:

                                        > I'm Rita Conti, an Italian girl. Excuse me, my English is not very well.
                                        > Please, be patient with me, I'm a beginner in the world of the photography. I received some months ago a camera Canon EOS 650d (lenses 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6), as a present. I'm learning to use it in these weeks. It's very fascinating.
                                        >
                                        > But now, I would like to do another step: I'm looking for a panoramic head that permit me to build a spherical photo composed by 38 pictures.
                                        >
                                        > I found PanoTools NG and I decided to subscibe myself because I would like to ask to the members some tips that can help me to find a good pan head (with good quality/price).
                                        >
                                        > I already visit some sites with models and prices and I found this heads that sounds me enjoyable:
                                        >
                                        > - Panosaurus 2.0 Fully Spherical Panoramic Head
                                        > - Dobas 01 (QTVR HEADS)
                                        > - Mcoplus -360 degree Full spherical Camera QTVR
                                        > - PANOLUC VR-1 e VR-2
                                        >

                                        > I also have a Manfrotto tripod -Manfrotto Kit (701 HDV + 547B)- to combine, if possible, with the head.
                                        >
                                        > But I don't have any experiences and it's difficult for me to evaluate these different kind of heads. Is there anyone that can help me to find a good solution?
                                        > I'm looking forward to hear from you.
                                        > Thank you very much.
                                        >
                                        > All my best,
                                        > Rita.

                                      • giant_klobasa_monster
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013

                                           good point.

                                          save money, buy the cheapest panohead possible, and then buy a samyang fisheye lens for $300

                                          don't use your 18-200, it WILL be painful, and it will discourage you from wanting to make panos.