New tour up for your review

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19 5:26 AM

      I just published a new tour of a villa in Tuscany where we stayed in June.

      http://virtual-travels.com/index.html

      As always, I'm open to comments and suggestions.

      Thanks,

      Mark

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19 8:36 AM

        Really crisp and well done hdr.

        Is that a fisheye on 15mm or something else? And what sort of tonemapping?

        For comments: I wish there was linear navigation, so you don’t miss anything.

        And in-scene arrows instead of polygonal hotspots which are easier to use than having to hunt for a place to click and they shouldn’t block the mouse from dragging as this makes you change scenes unexpectedly.

        Best Regards,

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com

        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

        IM: sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19 8:57 AM
          Very well done. navigation was odd for me occasionally but the imagery is fantastic.

          jimbo
          I just published a new tour of a villa in Tuscany where we stayed in June.

          http://virtual-travels.com/index.html

          As always, I'm open to comments and suggestions.

          Thanks,

          Mark

          No virus found in this message.

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19 9:04 AM

            These were shot with a Tokina 10-17 at 12mm on a Canon 5D Mk II. Many of them, especially the interiors were 11 exposures blended together with SNS HDR.

            Regarding the navigation - I spent a bit of time trying to find a balance between making things obvious and keeping the tour uncluttered and focused on the images. I find the hotspots and arrows distracting, so I went for a map that you can click on to pop up and see the whole tour at a glance as well as the zones that appear on mouse over. I see what you mean about those zones disrupting navigation if you click on them and try to drag. I'll see if there is a way to block that.

            Thanks!

            Mark

            Is that a fisheye on 15mm or something else? And what sort of tonemapping?

            For comments: I wish there was linear navigation, so you don’t miss anything.

            And in-scene arrows instead of polygonal hotspots which are easier to use than having to hunt for a place to click and they shouldn’t block the mouse from dragging as this makes you change scenes unexpectedly.

            Best Regards,

            Sacha Griffin

            Southern Digital Solutions LLC  - Atlanta , Georgia

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19 9:05 AM

              Thanks! This was an experiment with a different approach to navigation than I've used in the past.

              Mark