Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Noob questions 2: basic tutorials for Hugin

  • Alex DePillis
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
      Hi PanoToos,

      After writing that e-mail, I found that list, and will start asking.

      I do (did?) love hugin, until I became confounded on one seemingly uncomplicated panorama of a building.  And I will send love vibes when posting.  :-)

      First step is to uninstall and re-install the software, and start fresh on that project.  Then track what I'm doing so I can ask the questions better.

      Thanks giant for writing,

      Alex

      On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

      join the hugin-ptx google group and just start asking questions.

      there is no up to date tutorial that i know of but i haven't been following hugin too closely lately.

      hugin could use more love :)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Alex DePillis <alex@...> wrote:

      > Panoramists:
      >
      > Is there any current tutorial on Hug-in?
      >
      > I was prompted by Chris's questions (previous post).  I was using Hugin
      > and happily so.  Then I ran into some problems.  I thought I was doing
      > something basic wrong, so I looked for a tutorial.  I found this:
      > http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/two-photos/en.shtml
      > (Original tutorial by Bruno Postle created October 2003, updated October
      > 2006 - Updated for Hugin 0.7.0 by Terry Duell April 2008).
      >
      > So I signed up for this e-mail list to see whether it might be a source
      > of information.  Rather than post my problems to a list of experts, I
      > waited, watched the list, and gave another try or two on my own.
      >
      > So I have been glancing at message headings for nine months.  I recently
      > searched all the messages for "newbie", "tutorial", and "noob".   Chris
      > was the first that I could find.  I wonder if I am to become an
      > erstwhile user?  Perhaps I can pay someone to help, someday.  One's life
      > is a limited resource.
      >
      > Wondering and hoping,
      >
      > /Alex DePillis/
      > Montpelier, Vermont (USA)