Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Hyperlapse into VT to see during transiction beetween pano with krpano

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 6 11:45 AM
      A limitation for this effect to work properly would be the FOV and aspect ratio of your image. The method Sacha proposes should work.

      2013/8/6 Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...>

      Yes, that’s possible. Just do a cross fade between photos and have the last photo “loadpano”.

      There’s not much that isn’t possible in krpano with a little coding.

      Best Regards,

      Sacha Griffin

      http://www.seeit360.com

      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

      IM: sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 7 5:58 AM
        even i extract rectilinear image with fov and ohter parameters like fov and
        parameters of pano?

      • giant_klobasa_monster
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 7 7:36 AM
          everyscape.com has been doing this for 6 years.

          if that is what you are in fact asking?

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

          > hi, someone has test some thing like this?

        • giant_klobasa_monster
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 7 7:44 AM
            yeah, see everyscape. they solve this very elegantly, many years ago.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

            > yes. the effect it's quite as i have in mind but second you is it possible
            > have hyperlaps images with same dimensions of pano angle view during
            > clicking? in other word this is my plan:
            >
            > - we take shots to catch a pano with the first shot oriented to next scene
            > - move the tripod 50 inches (example) towards next scene and take only one
            > shot [repeat this each 50 inches ]
            > - when we arrive in the next scene we take the other shot to catch the pano.
            >
            > - with ptgui we extract rectilinear image from first pano (part of pano in
            > the first shot) and use this parameters and info to extract the same view in
            > the single shots. this extractions will be used to get the hyperlapse.
            >
            > in this way is it possible to have a good integration beetween pano and
            > hyperlapse?

          • nonchiedercilaparola
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 8 2:31 PM
              i think that in evertscape.com the effect isn't a real hyperlapse but a
              zooming and transiction event that simultated hyperlapse but all is very
              well integrated.

              L.D.I. Felipe B. González's link:
              http://pendulo.com/images/paginas/rv_pendulo/roma/? from is a vt with a
              hyperlapse video but the transiction beetween pano - hyperlapse - next pano
              isn't well integrated.

              second you is it possible to get both real time lapse and well integration
              with rectilinear extraction technic?

              i'm also thinking use another technic:
              first pano - transiciont to a hyperlapse video that cover all windows -
              transiction to new pano

              so i think that there a two ways...

            • nonchiedercilaparola
              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 13 9:05 AM
                i'm starting this project. i have created two complete pano:
                - the first pano;
                - the next pano;

                - 30 incomplete pano with only one circular images (one shot each five
                centimeters from first pano to next pano)

                so i have extracted 32 rectilinear images with this parameters: 120
                (horizzontal fov); -118,906 (yaw); -0.0806 (pitch); 1.855 (rol). i know that
                i can use this tutorial
                (http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?pa%e2%80%a6d&threadID=7272)
                to convert this parameters for krpano visualization (ath, atv width rotate)
                but i would like to convert this parameters to get view of first pano
                (hlookat, vlookat, fov) equal to size of rectilinear image:
                is there a way to convert yaw, pitch, rol, fov -->in--> hlookat, vlookat,
                fov?

              • Ormar
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 15 11:51 PM
                  For FPP Scott Witte made a plugin
                  http://www.tourdeforce360.com/plugins/zoomtrans.html
                  It might give some ideas for krpano also.

                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 29 10:22 AM
                    thanks very interesting link. this can be realized in krpano. the problem is
                    to get coincidence between pano view and the hypelapse image.

                    is there a method or formula?

                  • Luca Vascon
                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 29 12:05 PM
                      :-)
                      I made the try  and succeeded some years ago. Roberto Mancuso did something FAR before me, and also Toni garbasso was involved. I'd have to  remake a better example, but... it is not such a SELLABLE thing, it requires a lot of work and mixes different language in an unclean way...

                      2013/8/29 nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...>
                      thanks very interesting link. this can be realized in krpano. the problem is
                      to get coincidence between pano view and the hypelapse image.

                      is there a method or formula?

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      --
                      Luca Vascon.
                    • nonchiedercilaparola
                      Message 10 of 28 , Aug 30 8:10 AM
                        hi, i know from krpano forum that is it possibile to transform ptgui
                        parameters (yaw, roll, pitch, hfov) in krpano hotspot value (ath, atv,
                        width, rotate). i think that is necessary a forumula to convert krpano
                        hotspot value in krpano view pano value (hlookat, vlookat, fov).

                      • Luca Vascon

                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 1, 2013
                            On 9 Aug 2013, at 00:31, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

                            > i think that in evertscape.com the effect isn't a real hyperlapse but a
                            > zooming and transiction event that simultated hyperlapse

                            That would actually be rather more likely to work smoothly. 'Moving' through a pile of new images at a video-like speed could be a problem if the bandwidth isn't very good.

                          • Keith Martin
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 1, 2013
                              On 29 Aug 2013, at 20:22, nonchiedercilaparola <nonchiedercilaparola@...> wrote:

                              > thanks very interesting link. this can be realized in krpano. the problem is
                              > to get coincidence between pano view and the hypelapse image.

                              You'd need to script it so the panorama moved to the right viewpoint and zoom before proceeding with whatever method you chose to use. I've done this in the past, I think with lookto settings, then zooming in, and finally crossfading to the next panorama. I doubt I have the files still available though, sorry!

                            • giant_klobasa_monster
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 2, 2013

                                 everyscape is "2.5D" and it creates a sparse 3d representation of each space by defining the walls, floor, ceiling. then an animated flythrough is generated to transition from one pano to the next.

                                basically they automatically generate what you call a "hyperlapse" (what is a hyperlapse, anyway)

                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                                  this is my test (all is deliberately poor quality):
                                  http://www.photospherical.it/VT/test/vtour-hyperlapse-multiframe/tour.html
                                  (hyperlapse realized by animation hotspot)

                                  my principal problems are two:
                                  - coincidence between pano view and rectilinear image/hotspot that I
                                  mentioned earlier;
                                  - no support in html 5 for autostar video (hyperlapse by video plugin) and
                                  for multiframe (hyperlapse by animation hotspot)

                                • nonchiedercilaparola
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                                    I have to realized this transformation:
                                    from WITH ATH ATV ROTATE to FOV HLOOKAT VLOOKAT

                                    I asked to krpano forum in several post but i haven't received a replay.

                                  • nonchiedercilaparola
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                                      can you explain me more clearaly?

                                      "it creates a sparse 3d representation of each space by defining the walls,
                                      floor, ceiling. then an animated flythrough is generated to transition from
                                      one pano to the next"

                                      the transitions are a simple effect zoom. in all process only two pano
                                      images are involved.
                                      - after click the pano view change;
                                      - then it starts a zoomed effect over a cube faces of other pano.

                                      do we say the same thing?

                                    • Sacha Griffin
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                                        That looks just like my example but 10 times more complicated.

                                        What does calc_pos_from_hfov_yaw_pitch_roll do?

                                        If you are changing scenes just use the video player plugin.

                                        Workflow

                                        Hotspot zooms to match the window with the video.

                                        Video starts 100%x100%

                                        Video on done loads destination.

                                        And it works on ipad with 4 lines of code.

                                        If the graphic is displayed fullsize, hotspots should be a plugin instead. Much less complicated.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                                          this my video hyperlapse test:

                                          www.photospherical.it/VT/test/vtour-hyperlapse-video/tour.html

                                          with this method (video plugin) there are problem becouse video doesn't
                                          start automatically in html5:(

                                          all video that i have seen in html5 don't start automatically.

                                          is there a trick to bypass this problem?

                                        • Sacha Griffin
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                                            Oh right. My hyperlapse example isn’t setup for ipad apparently.

                                            I do have another normal distorted video that works.

                                            The workaround is to use the posterurl as the hotspot. Then it starts immediately.

                                            See here.

                                            http://www.seeit360.com/360-virtual-tours/pool-therapy-room

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013

                                              To add, you do have to go the hotspot route and extract and insert a pixel perfect posterurl and place a button on that image.

                                              Touching the posterurl, zooms to the hotspots and begins playing just like in your example and finishes by loading the next scene.

                                              Using a video is easier than having to deal with all those frames.

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 6, 2013
                                                Hi, i saw your vt from my android tablet.
                                                I can see these problems:
                                                - after click video starts with a grey (default browswer) or black (chrome)
                                                - when i navigate the vt the rettanguler for video moves

                                                Whith strip of images i think it is more clean. Klaus of krpano said me that
                                                with this technic canal plus realized
                                                this:http://lesrevenants.canalplus.fr/?lang=en&html=true#!/intro

                                                But on my tablet works only in chrome desktop compatibility

                                                On ipad i remember that it works

                                              • Luca Vascon

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 7, 2013
                                                    about this issue? no one feels the need

                                                    is it possible to coincide view of a pano (hlookat, vlookat, camroll, fov)
                                                    with pano rectilinear extraction (width, ath, atv, rotate get by ptgui value
                                                    - hfov, vfov, yaw, pitch, roll )?