Throwable panoramic camera

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2013
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSSKNS5Ks

      from Reddit
      http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1i3349/throwable_panoramic_camera/

      this one is impressive I thought .. cameras must be CCD or global CMOS to be able to be tracked like that I think

      PeterM
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2013
        On 2013-07-12 8:00 AM, panovrx wrote:
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSSKNS5Ks
        From the video at 1:11 it is obvious that the 4 images on the left are not
        capturing the full sphere. They are faked to make the viewer think they are.
        The image on the right is probably from a single camera and contains no stitching.

        But it still looks promising.

        Jim

        > from Reddit
        > http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1i3349/throwable_panoramic_camera/
        >
        > this one is impressive I thought .. cameras must be CCD or global CMOS to be able to be tracked like that I think
        >
        > PeterM

        Jim Watters
        http://photocreations.ca
      • giant_klobasa_monster
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2013
          also, it is obvious from the so-called ball camera shown in the picture, that those lenses cannot capture enough to capture a full sphere with only 3 lenses.

          so i call "fake"

          Great fake though ;)