Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Nube

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2013
      Magic Lantern is the graal for many things, bracketing among those.
      It gives unlimited bracketing capabilities to any camera.

      Lightweight, small camera, great sensor with good DR and hi pixel count, and great optics with controlled flare are my first choices.
      But also: remotability (WIRED shutter release plug, and ability to be completely controlled by an external computer) possibility to power the camera by the mains, are great plus.
      This leaves you with Canon DSLR and some Nikon. Canon has Magic Lantern, that is more than half of the reason to buy a Canon itself.

      What about panoheads: It must be at measure of the camera+lens system. A small Nodal Ninja is a good compromise in terms of price, sturdiness and weight.

      Stay away from camera battery boosters. They do add some weight, but they increas ethe off-center of the system, asking for FAR BIGGER and heavier heads.

      2013/6/14 Hans <hans@...>

      > Am 12.06.2013 00:16, schrieb markgambier:
      > > 1. What are the most often used automated pano tripod top units,
      > > where you essentially strap your camera in, program the parameters
      > > and step back?
      >
      > Depends on the usage I think. Gigapixels, sphericals, classical round shots?
      >
      > > 2. Has anyone used a camera (such as something from the Canon EOS
      > > family) that has built-in HDR bracketing software, in conjunction
      > > with an automated tripod head?  Can the systems described in the
      > > previous question above be programmed to pause to allow for the
      > > multiple HDR exposures, before repositioning the camera for its next
      > > shot in the overall pano sequence?
      >
      > For an extensive overview about extended HDR bracketing possibilities
      > see http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control
      >
      > For normal scenes EOS build in bracketing should do (+2EV, 0EV, -2EV).
      > If you need more I'd recommend Magic Lantern.

      Erik, the latest EOS cameras 6D and 5D Mark III has bracketing up to 7 images and max 3 EV  between.

      The auto built in HDR function in the 6D is unfortunately only  saving JPG.

      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional