Re: [PanoToolsNG] Focal reducer for mirrorless cameras

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
      Yesss... The metabones and 2 clones. Let's see what they do at the borders. More interesting what they do od a 10.5 nikkor on a Nex, or, better, on a Fuji MX1.

      2013/7/1 Roger D Williams <roger@...>
      Fascinating, Erik. This addresses a real need for extensions to the range and 'reach' of lenses at the wide-angle end for DX and 4/3 lenses. I particularly loved the conversion of a ho-hum F/1.8 50mm lens into a killer F/1.2 35mm lens.

      If, as you suggest, it can be used with fisheye lenses I would like to see a DX Samyang 8mm used this way!

      Roger

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 1, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I got this via redshark news (although it's not really new anymore):
      > Metabones and Brian Caldwell worked together to design an adapter for
      > SLR lenses to mirrorless cameras with optical elements that reduces
      > focal length by 0.71 and increases maximum aperture by 1 stop (hence
      > called speed booster).
      > Would be interesting to see whether this works with fisheye lenses as
      > well. An 8mm fisheye could be turned into 5.7mm one...
      >
      > -> http://www.metabones.com/buy-speed-booster
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Luca Vascon.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
        Am 01.07.2013 08:42, schrieb Luca Vascon:
        > More interesting what they do od a 10.5 nikkor on a Nex, or, better, on a
        > Fuji MX1.

        Should result in a very nice FF fisheye. On http://tinyurl.com/pkdxrde
        (PDF) page 4 there is a comparison of image circles...