Focal reducer for mirrorless cameras

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hello,

      I got this via redshark news (although it's not really new anymore):
      Metabones and Brian Caldwell worked together to design an adapter for
      SLR lenses to mirrorless cameras with optical elements that reduces
      focal length by 0.71 and increases maximum aperture by 1 stop (hence
      called speed booster).
      Would be interesting to see whether this works with fisheye lenses as
      well. An 8mm fisheye could be turned into 5.7mm one...

      -> http://www.metabones.com/buy-speed-booster

    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
        Fascinating, Erik. This addresses a real need for extensions to the range and 'reach' of lenses at the wide-angle end for DX and 4/3 lenses. I particularly loved the conversion of a ho-hum F/1.8 50mm lens into a killer F/1.2 35mm lens.

        If, as you suggest, it can be used with fisheye lenses I would like to see a DX Samyang 8mm used this way!

        Roger

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jul 1, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I got this via redshark news (although it's not really new anymore):
        > Metabones and Brian Caldwell worked together to design an adapter for
        > SLR lenses to mirrorless cameras with optical elements that reduces
        > focal length by 0.71 and increases maximum aperture by 1 stop (hence
        > called speed booster).
        > Would be interesting to see whether this works with fisheye lenses as
        > well. An 8mm fisheye could be turned into 5.7mm one...
        >
        > -> http://www.metabones.com/buy-speed-booster
        >
        > --
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
          Yesss... The metabones and 2 clones. Let's see what they do at the borders. More interesting what they do od a 10.5 nikkor on a Nex, or, better, on a Fuji MX1.

          2013/7/1 Roger D Williams <roger@...>
          Fascinating, Erik. This addresses a real need for extensions to the range and 'reach' of lenses at the wide-angle end for DX and 4/3 lenses. I particularly loved the conversion of a ho-hum F/1.8 50mm lens into a killer F/1.2 35mm lens.

          If, as you suggest, it can be used with fisheye lenses I would like to see a DX Samyang 8mm used this way!

          Roger

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 1, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I got this via redshark news (although it's not really new anymore):
          > Metabones and Brian Caldwell worked together to design an adapter for
          > SLR lenses to mirrorless cameras with optical elements that reduces
          > focal length by 0.71 and increases maximum aperture by 1 stop (hence
          > called speed booster).
          > Would be interesting to see whether this works with fisheye lenses as
          > well. An 8mm fisheye could be turned into 5.7mm one...
          >
          > -> http://www.metabones.com/buy-speed-booster
          >
          > --
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Luca Vascon.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
            Am 01.07.2013 08:42, schrieb Luca Vascon:
            > More interesting what they do od a 10.5 nikkor on a Nex, or, better, on a
            > Fuji MX1.

            Should result in a very nice FF fisheye. On http://tinyurl.com/pkdxrde
            (PDF) page 4 there is a comparison of image circles...