Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panotour pro, KRpano and Kolor upgrade policy...

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
      Agree Andras...
      LOTS of virtual tours? Can I work with you?! here in Italy I have lot of difficulties, uneducated customers, who do want work for free and are not able to appreciate quality, or more often do not know or are interested in panoramic pictures at all.

      Agree Jurgen too!
      It is one of the best choices, if not THE best if you want to be able to make a vtour out of the box. I'd say that what I dislike is the steppy increasing price, that will affect current users who will have no other choice than upgrade (Krpano, the real engine behind it, is proceding in large steps, addressing new issues and stuff).

      Taking pictures and showing them are two sides of the same coin. The value of what you do is so often connected in the balance of the two thing. If you want to take control you have to master both. "whoever is able to take pictures, it is just a click" is customers point... there are a lot of idiot newbies out there that use automated workflow to get what they call "3D pictures" or "streetviews" or "you know, that thing that google does" :-)
      ...And we were doing before Apple did QTVRAS, or Google knew the existence of panoramas.
      We started to sell " a little" this year, after we were showing high-interaction (hard coded ) things. They do not percieve quality, they are hardly admitting any difference between an automated streetview and an high-def, well done 360, but can't compare our high-interaction things with anything else.

      2013/6/28 afrenyo <andras@...>
      Hey Luca,

      I feel the same way.  When I saw the xml, and realized its shortcominfs, I wanted to return it, Within the firs couple of days, but, of course that was not possible - never used it.

      And I sold an awful lotta tours in this time.   None could I use the software for, this was clear to me right away, once I could see beyond its demo abilities.

      It's not a tool for someone who knows what they are doing, and want to just speed some part of the process up at times.  It takes away reasonable control of your project through its messy , unoptimized code.  Add the ironic difficulty with which you might wanna enable your tour with _current_  krpano features (i.e. improved, not even the added ones), which they simply don't keep up with . . . .

      It was  a waste of money for me, but there are plenty of people who couldn't do without it,so  it's hard to fault them for doing business as they do.

      As with me, it seems this was just a bad match for us, too bad we could have seen it coming before putting the money out.  I do not fault the pricing, I fault the product itself, and the lack of transparency upon which I could have made a better educated decision at the start.  NOT to buy it.

      <*> Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional