Re: Tried a Super Clamp(Manfrotto) as the tripod support

  • udaiveer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
      What an idiot I AM,
      I DIDNT RELISE< YOU ANSWERD MY QUESTION!!! lol

      so sorry...

      udaivee
      ;-]]]

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've done exactly the same myself. Used a super clamp with a Nodal Ninja and mounted clamped to the handrail of a castle tower. It was a long way down! I used a leveling plate myself at the time but now a days if shooting a spherical panorama I would level it later in post processing.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Robert.
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Was wondering if using a Manfrotto Super clamp, as tripod n mount the pano head( with rotator unit)
      > > I was thinking of locations that are Edges/frames , a cheap option for AirPano, rails,
      > > Can use an Auto Pole too. N mount the super clamp
      > >
      > > Any technical aspect that might b significant?
      > > I thnk the nadir will be easier to clean.
      > > Levelling the head shud b possible if mounted below eye level.

    • Robert Bilsland
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 25, 2013
        Hi,

        No worries. Here is the panorama I talked of;

        http://bilsland.co.uk/goodrich/pano4.html

        This was clamped directly to the hand rail you see. I could lean further out now as I also own a Manfrotto Magic Arm to go with the Super Clamp. Either that or dangle the camera over the side on the end of a monopod.

        Robert.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@...> wrote:

        > What an idiot I AM,
        > I DIDNT RELISE< YOU ANSWERD MY QUESTION!!! lol
        >
        > so sorry...
        >
        > udaivee
        > ;-]]]
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I've done exactly the same myself. Used a super clamp with a Nodal Ninja and mounted clamped to the handrail of a castle tower. It was a long way down! I used a leveling plate myself at the time but now a days if shooting a spherical panorama I would level it later in post processing.
        > >
        > > Hope this helps,
        > >
        > > Robert.
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Was wondering if using a Manfrotto Super clamp, as tripod n mount the pano head( with rotator unit)
        > > > I was thinking of locations that are Edges/frames , a cheap option for AirPano, rails,
        > > > Can use an Auto Pole too. N mount the super clamp
        > > >
        > > > Any technical aspect that might b significant?
        > > > I thnk the nadir will be easier to clean.
        > > > Levelling the head shud b possible if mounted below eye level.

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2013
          I do use them in various occasions.

          those small chinese magicarms, and even more the smaller 8"ones, are more sturdy that you can actually think.
          Enough to hold, even upside-down, my small Nodal Ninja3 with an Olympus Pen, and enough to hold a Canon 600D with fisheye.

          Manfrotto Superclamp alone weights more than the ensamble, and would barely hold a fullframe with a NN5.

          No levelling needed. Levelling heads are only a waste of time and weight, for sphericals. Level your tripod, or use ballheads.
          :-)
          All levelling is in postproduction.

          2013/6/25 Robert Bilsland <rbilsland@...>
          Hi,

          No worries. Here is the panorama I talked of;

          http://bilsland.co.uk/goodrich/pano4.html

          This was clamped directly to the hand rail you see. I could lean further out now as I also own a Manfrotto Magic Arm to go with the Super Clamp. Either that or dangle the camera over the side on the end of a monopod.

          Robert.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@...> wrote:

          > What an idiot I AM,
          > I DIDNT RELISE< YOU ANSWERD MY QUESTION!!! lol
          >
          > so sorry...
          >
          > udaivee
          > ;-]]]
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I've done exactly the same myself. Used a super clamp with a Nodal Ninja and mounted clamped to the handrail of a castle tower. It was a long way down! I used a leveling plate myself at the time but now a days if shooting a spherical panorama I would level it later in post processing.
          > >
          > > Hope this helps,
          > >
          > > Robert.
          > >

          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Was wondering if using a Manfrotto Super clamp, as tripod n mount the pano head( with rotator unit)
          > > > I was thinking of locations that are Edges/frames , a cheap option for AirPano, rails,
          > > > Can use an Auto Pole too. N mount the super clamp
          > > >
          > > > Any technical aspect that might b significant?
          > > > I thnk the nadir will be easier to clean.
          > > > Levelling the head shud b possible if mounted below eye level.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Luca Vascon.
        • udaiveer
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
            Infact the Vice/clamp looks more sturdy that the manfrotto stuff n just for 24$...?

            wood

            n wondering, if u can take some pix of the rigging/setup, u used.

            thanks

            udaiveer

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

            > I do use them in various occasions.
            >
            > http://www.ebay.it/itm/11-inch-Articulating-Magic-Arm-Super-Clamp-for-mounting-Monitor-LED-light-/360670907953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f9a94e31&_uhb=1#ht_5769wt_1307
            >
            > http://www.ebay.it/itm/11-Magic-Arm-for-Monitor-DSLR-Camera-LED-Large-Super-Clamp-hot-sale-/121114912120?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3302e578&_uhb=1#ht_3590wt_1073
            >
            > those small chinese magicarms, and even more the smaller 8"ones, are more
            > sturdy that you can actually think.
            > Enough to hold, even upside-down, my small Nodal Ninja3 with an Olympus
            > Pen, and enough to hold a Canon 600D with fisheye.
            >
            > Manfrotto Superclamp alone weights more than the ensamble, and would barely
            > hold a fullframe with a NN5.
            >
            > No levelling needed. Levelling heads are only a waste of time and weight,
            > for sphericals. Level your tripod, or use ballheads.
            > :-)
            > All levelling is in postproduction.
            >

            > 2013/6/25 Robert Bilsland <rbilsland@...>
            >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > No worries. Here is the panorama I talked of;
            > >
            > > http://bilsland.co.uk/goodrich/pano4.html
            > >
            > > This was clamped directly to the hand rail you see. I could lean further
            > > out now as I also own a Manfrotto Magic Arm to go with the Super Clamp.
            > > Either that or dangle the camera over the side on the end of a monopod.
            > >
            > > Robert.
            > >

            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > What an idiot I AM,
            > > > I DIDNT RELISE< YOU ANSWERD MY QUESTION!!! lol
            > > >
            > > > so sorry...
            > > >
            > > > udaivee
            > > > ;-]]]
            > > >
            > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@>

            > > Ninja and mounted clamped to the handrail of a castle tower. It was a long
            > > way down! I used a leveling plate myself at the time but now a days if
            > > shooting a spherical panorama I would level it later in post processing.

            > > the pano head( with rotator unit)
            > > for AirPano, rails,

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > --
            > >

            > --
            > Luca Vascon.
            > --
            > www.lucavascon.net
            > Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
            > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
            >
            > www.officinepanottiche.com
            > www.nuovostudio.it

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013