Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
      > Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
      > all beautiful fireworks!!
      >
      > What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

      Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a D200
      and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.

      The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
      panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the other one
      for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
      continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40 different
      images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
      positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both equirectangular images
      into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered one of
      the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
      (fireworks above the horizon, people below).

      Quite some work, but it was worth it...

      Best regards,

      Matthias

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

    • Martin Hrdlicka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthias Taugwalder"
        <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

        > Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a
        D200
        > and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.
        >
        > The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
        > panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the
        other one
        > for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
        > continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40
        different
        > images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
        > positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both
        equirectangular images
        > into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered
        one of
        > the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
        > (fireworks above the horizon, people below).
        >
        > Quite some work, but it was worth it...
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Matthias

        Yes. Absolutely !!

        Honestly I awaited similar answer. I was not sure only about a lens.
        I saw your pano from Klein Matterhorn and on WWP you mentioned your
        gear - D200+10,5.

        You did great job. Congratulation.

        Best regards

        Martin