Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

  • Martin Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007

      http://www.zermatt360.ch/en/views_of_the_village/new_years_eve/pan/new_year_s_eve_party_2006/

      > Greetings from Switzerland,
      >
      > Matthias
      >
      > --
      > Matthias Taugwalder
      > matthias.taugwalder@...

      Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
      all beautiful fireworks!!

      What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

      Martin
    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
        > Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
        > all beautiful fireworks!!
        >
        > What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

        Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a D200
        and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.

        The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
        panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the other one
        for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
        continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40 different
        images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
        positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both equirectangular images
        into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered one of
        the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
        (fireworks above the horizon, people below).

        Quite some work, but it was worth it...

        Best regards,

        Matthias

        --
        Matthias Taugwalder
        matthias.taugwalder@...

      • Martin Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

          > Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a
          D200
          > and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.
          >
          > The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
          > panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the
          other one
          > for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
          > continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40
          different
          > images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
          > positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both
          equirectangular images
          > into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered
          one of
          > the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
          > (fireworks above the horizon, people below).
          >
          > Quite some work, but it was worth it...
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Matthias

          Yes. Absolutely !!

          Honestly I awaited similar answer. I was not sure only about a lens.
          I saw your pano from Klein Matterhorn and on WWP you mentioned your
          gear - D200+10,5.

          You did great job. Congratulation.

          Best regards

          Martin