Re: 14bit raw video from Canon 5d II/III

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2013
      Magic Lantern has a realtime dewarping preview option too for fisheye users.

      This is currently set for a Samyang 8mm on aps-c DSLRs I think, but it works well with a 10.5mm Nikkor on full frame, or a Canon 8-15mm at about 10.5mm too. There are two dewarping options -- rectilinear or Panini. It works really well. The frame rate of the camera display (5DmKIII) is almost as fast as normal and the corrections look accurate. It is an extremely handy feature for shooting video or stills that you anticipate being rendered as rectilinear or Panini (or stereographic or equi, or cylindrical) video or stills. The camera just renders the display not the saved movie (stills).

      Both preview options make it much easier to level shots handheld while monitoring the display than using the normal uncorrected preview.

      This previewing feature works with Raw capture too.

      You can compile the source I think to calibrate the correction for different lenses.

      http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Fisheye_Support

      PeterM

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 8, 2013
        Am 08.06.2013 00:44, schrieb panovrx:

        > You can compile the source I think to calibrate the correction for different lenses.

        It's not actually necessary to compile the source but to create a .lut
        (look-up table) file:
        http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide?s[]=fisheye#defishing

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 8, 2013
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRjd7iO7drM&hd=1

          here is a Mercator perspective video shot handheld using the Panini preview option -- 10mm on 8-15 canon

          PeterM