Suggestions for cameras

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2013
      Hi folks.

      I have a general spec for a project to replace an existing PTZ dome camera with something with more capabilities. This may be one camera, or an array. Does not have to be portable. Would appreciate thoughts and suggestions. The wish list is as follows:

      * Weatherproof.
      * LAN or WLAN connected.
      * Low power (potential to operate from solar ideally)
      * full 360 degrees, ideally also including everything from vertical up to vertical down and everything between.
      * good low-light performance.
      * Able to achieve the function (even if it's just software) of addressable P/T/Z with resolution of AT LEAST 400 pixels/degree in both axis.
      * Able to handle wide range of light levels across all cameras
      * "affordable" (hah!)

      Cheers,
      KathyW.
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
        400 pixel/degree... 144.000x72.000 pixel, good low light.
        Let's make one.
        Affordable. I'd use a bunch of Canon mirrorless, I'd find someone making the code to remote them, a server to stitch the pictures, and build a dome for them. IP67, of course.

        2013/6/7 Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...>
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:

[...]