RE: [PanoToolsNG] Tripod/Monopod Question

  • Briar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2013

      I would love to get a ninja pole, and maybe later on this year……in the meantime I have adapted a painters pole ($35NZ) to take the ninja head. It works very well indeed, light and acts as a walking pole when climbing up those hills. Not so clever when used horizontally but OK with lots of builders tape to hold it from unscrewing.

      Okara Bridge

      It only gives me about 11 feet of lift but that is enough for most things I do. I have the camera mounted diagonally (Canon 5D with 8-15mm lens) so six images round gives me almost the full cover, just minor holes at nadir and zenith. I must acknowledge the brilliant work of Roger Berry for this technique.

      Hope this helps, Briar.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
        Thanks for your answer!

        The ninja poles would be nice for antennas, but too expensive at the moment :)
        Also I would like to have a monopod that I could double use for hiking as well.. but as I've said I'm unsure how to mount it and if it's stable enough..
        Maybe I could try to find some clamps..