Re: [PanoToolsNG] Scan stitching

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29 7:44 AM
      Jan Limpens wrote:

      > Hello and thanks for the reply!
      >
      >> So all your drawings are A2 size then (16.5 x 23.4)?
      > I usually go up to 66 x 48cm (I use these sheets used for book printing and halve and quarter them - they don't follow the A standard).
      >
      >> What end dpi requirement do you have?
      >
      > Usually 150 or 200 dpi at 100%

      To save others the arithmetic, that's roughly 5200x3800 pixels, roughly 20 Megapixels.

      BugBear
    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29 8:01 AM
        Thanks for doing that Paul..

        Line art actually likes additional dpi typically but with all our new tools, raw files and PS.. you can do a few things to really bring line art to life.. the key is to select all the line work.. The easiest way to do this to select the paper white then do an inverse selection. Then you can modify the selection by smoothing slightly, or expanding or contracting a pixel then filling the selection if you want.. This adds a bit of work but goes pretty quickly .. I was having success with linework using a 12MP camera this way ..It just got easier with more MP.. Never have enough MP...:-)

        jimbo
        >> So all your drawings are A2 size then (16.5 x 23.4)?
        > I usually go up to 66 x 48cm (I use these sheets used for book printing and halve and quarter them - they don't follow the A standard).
        >
        >> What end dpi requirement do you have?
        >
        > Usually 150 or 200 dpi at 100%

        To save others the arithmetic, that's roughly 5200x3800 pixels, roughly 20 Megapixels.

        BugBear

        No virus found in this message.

      • Jan Limpens
        Message 3 of 11 , May 29 12:11 PM
          Quite expensive, but could be a way to go…

          Anyone has experience with this piece?

          Line art actually likes additional dpi typically but with all our new tools, raw files and PS.. you can do a few things to really bring line art to life.. the key is to select all the line work.. The easiest way to do this to select the paper white then do an inverse selection. Then you can modify the selection by smoothing slightly, or expanding or contracting a pixel then filling the selection if you want.. This adds a bit of work but goes pretty quickly .. I was having success with linework using a 12MP camera this way ..It just got easier with more MP.. Never have enough MP...:-)

          jimbo
          >> So all your drawings are A2 size then (16.5 x 23.4)?
          > I usually go up to 66 x 48cm (I use these sheets used for book printing and halve and quarter them - they don't follow the A standard).
          >
          >> What end dpi requirement do you have?
          >
          > Usually 150 or 200 dpi at 100%

          To save others the arithmetic, that's roughly 5200x3800 pixels, roughly 20 Megapixels.

          BugBear

          No virus found in this message.

          abraços,

          Jan