Go Pro ???

  • montana_jimbo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 6:04 AM
      First I apologise for this post ahead of time. I just ordered all kinds of Gopro stuff and in the process of digging and general research discovered an artical that illuded to a GoPro Hero 3 black version set up to shoot 4K video (didn't say which 4k version in the artical)

      Anyway this thing was mounted to a 20 dollar mechanical timer that delivered 360 degree rotation.. is this for real ..has anyone heard of or tried this.. It also mentioned increasing the timer time.. to 1 hr or 2 hrs for time lapse..I knew these little cameras were used for some interesting things ..but this?

      jimbo
    • Joe Oberhauser
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 5:11 PM
        Jimbo,

        While I haven't tried one, there are several vendors on eBay who're selling the inexpensive kitchen-timer based mechanical rotators. And Ikea was selling an even-cheaper one!

        The one I've seen most-often takes a full 60 minutes to rotate 360-degrees, but folks are stacking two (or more) of them, to get there in 30-minutes, or 15-minutes.

        Lots of amazing stuff coming from GoPros, these days!

        Joe Oberhauser