Re: Panorama LH65

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2013
      > Here's a (silent, shaky) teaser video for a project I'm exhibiting
      > the coming 4 weeks:
      > https://vimeo.com/67089878

      I think most of you will have toyed with the idea of printing a panorama 1:1 on wallpaper. In the teaser video you see the results of a part of a gigapixel panorama printed on three walls, 3.3m high and ~220 degrees wide. The prints for each wall were specifically rendered such that the perspective "works" from a sweetspot in the room.

      The panorama is on exhibition in a gallery until june 23rd, after which I will take it down off the walls again.
    • afrenyo
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2013
        That's awesome.
        So much better than my efforts.

        How did you figure the proper projection for each wall?

        > > Here's a (silent, shaky) teaser video for a project I'm exhibiting
        > > the coming 4 weeks:
        > > https://vimeo.com/67089878
        > >

        > I think most of you will have toyed with the idea of printing a panorama 1:1 on wallpaper. In the teaser video you see the results of a part of a gigapixel panorama printed on three walls, 3.3m high and ~220 degrees wide. The prints for each wall were specifically rendered such that the perspective "works" from a sweetspot in the room.
        >
        > The panorama is on exhibition in a gallery until june 23rd, after which I will take it down off the walls again.

      • Matthew Rogers
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2013
          I'm guessing the easiest way would be to quickly model up a 3D version of the room then use a camera mapping projection.  You could then bake the textures and render out each section, that's how Id do it :)

          Might have to give it a go.

          Matt

          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2013
            > I'm guessing the easiest way would be to quickly model up a 3D
            > version of the room then use a camera mapping projection. You
            > could then bake the textures and render out each section, that's
            > how Id do it :)

            I don't think many 3d packages will accept gigapixel textures, though I have not tried. I did not have too much time for this project, so I kept the geometry very simple and used basic trigonometry and PTGui. This way I could also add some overlap in the corners.