Panorama LH65

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27 3:46 PM
      Here's a (silent, shaky) teaser video for a project I'm exhibiting the coming 4 weeks:
      https://vimeo.com/67089878

      It's 3.3 meters high.
    • Aldo Hoeben
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28 12:43 PM
        > Here's a (silent, shaky) teaser video for a project I'm exhibiting
        > the coming 4 weeks:
        > https://vimeo.com/67089878

        I think most of you will have toyed with the idea of printing a panorama 1:1 on wallpaper. In the teaser video you see the results of a part of a gigapixel panorama printed on three walls, 3.3m high and ~220 degrees wide. The prints for each wall were specifically rendered such that the perspective "works" from a sweetspot in the room.

        The panorama is on exhibition in a gallery until june 23rd, after which I will take it down off the walls again.
      • afrenyo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29 9:19 AM
          That's awesome.
          So much better than my efforts.

          How did you figure the proper projection for each wall?

          > > Here's a (silent, shaky) teaser video for a project I'm exhibiting
          > > the coming 4 weeks:
          > > https://vimeo.com/67089878
          > >

          > I think most of you will have toyed with the idea of printing a panorama 1:1 on wallpaper. In the teaser video you see the results of a part of a gigapixel panorama printed on three walls, 3.3m high and ~220 degrees wide. The prints for each wall were specifically rendered such that the perspective "works" from a sweetspot in the room.
          >
          > The panorama is on exhibition in a gallery until june 23rd, after which I will take it down off the walls again.

        • Matthew Rogers
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29 9:46 AM
            I'm guessing the easiest way would be to quickly model up a 3D version of the room then use a camera mapping projection.  You could then bake the textures and render out each section, that's how Id do it :)

            Might have to give it a go.

            Matt

            Message 5 of 5 , May 29 2:01 PM
              > I'm guessing the easiest way would be to quickly model up a 3D
              > version of the room then use a camera mapping projection. You
              > could then bake the textures and render out each section, that's
              > how Id do it :)

              I don't think many 3d packages will accept gigapixel textures, though I have not tried. I did not have too much time for this project, so I kept the geometry very simple and used basic trigonometry and PTGui. This way I could also add some overlap in the corners.