Re: [PanoToolsNG] 2 resolutions, 1 gigapixel pano

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23 7:26 PM
      I have done a few pano using different lenses or different zooms.

      Using PTGui
      Load the wider full panorama images. Optimize as normal.

      On the Lens Settings tab check Lens and Shift for all images.
      On Optimizer tab, make sure you are using Advanced mode. Uncheck all
      optimization of all images.

      Add the narrower, high resolution images covering the area of interest.
      Because we have already optimized the first set of images and they have all
      their images checked on the Lens Setting tab you can load new setting for this
      lens from Lens database and/or we can optimize new values.

      Add control points for all images.
      Add control points to join the first set of images to the new set of images.
      When Optimizing, only the new images get optimized. Leaving the first set
      unchecked. But include all images in "Use control points of", this will align
      the second set with the first.

      Creating the panorama.
      Create one panorama of just the high res images all blended together.
      Create a second panorama of the low resolution images. This can be also created
      at its max resolution then up-sampled after to match the high resolution. In
      Photoshop you layer the two and blend if you wish.

      Here is an example where I only show the higher resolution images when you zoom in.
      http://photocreations.ca/saintjohn/index.html?cruise_ships_4#cruise_ships_4

      Hugin has the ability to have multiple lenses. You may find this easier.

      Jim Watters

      On 2013-05-23 2:53 PM, Luc Villeneuve wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I have a project with hot air balloons leaving the ground and a huge crowd looking at these balloons. The client wants the user to be able to add their Facebook tag on the image.
      >
      > Of course, all the balloons are moving. To freeze the balloons, I have to use a short lens. It might be a 10,5mm. On the lower hemisphere, the people have to be captured at high definition. Let's say 50mm. At the end, I need to match the resolution of both images, to the resolution of the 50mm.
      >
      > Does someone already did such project?
      >
      > I did some search on this forum because I already read something on this matter but obviously, I didn't used the right ones. It's probably what we call a language barrier!
      >
      > Can you tell me which words I should use in the search to find it?
      >
      > Or any advice?
      >
      > Thanks, Luc

      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca
    • giant_klobasa_monster
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24 4:18 AM
        yes i've done it many times :)

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Luc Villeneuve" <luc_villeneuve@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I have a project with hot air balloons leaving the ground and a huge crowd looking at these balloons. The client wants the user to be able to add their Facebook tag on the image.
        >
        > Of course, all the balloons are moving. To freeze the balloons, I have to use a short lens. It might be a 10,5mm. On the lower hemisphere, the people have to be captured at high definition. Let's say 50mm. At the end, I need to match the resolution of both images, to the resolution of the 50mm.
        >
        > Does someone already did such project?
        >
        > I did some search on this forum because I already read something on this matter but obviously, I didn't used the right ones. It's probably what we call a language barrier!
        >
        > Can you tell me which words I should use in the search to find it?
        >
        > Or any advice?
        >
        > Thanks, Luc

      • giant_klobasa_monster
        Message 3 of 6 , May 27 2:41 PM
          if both are stitched as a 360, you just need to level both panos and stick them together in photoshop. that is all. be sure they are the same projection (equirectangular) of course. layer mask in photoshop and soften up the edges.

          if the focal lengths are closer together, say 28mm and 50mm, you can stitch them all together in autopano giga, although the result never works that well for me (although i'm always doing stuff handheld)

          these panos are all handheld fisheye + handheld 50mm single row
          http://www.360cities.net/search/monument-valley-gigapixel

          sorry for the black thumbnails

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Luc Villeneuve" <luc_villeneuve@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I have a project with hot air balloons leaving the ground and a huge crowd looking at these balloons. The client wants the user to be able to add their Facebook tag on the image.
          >
          > Of course, all the balloons are moving. To freeze the balloons, I have to use a short lens. It might be a 10,5mm. On the lower hemisphere, the people have to be captured at high definition. Let's say 50mm. At the end, I need to match the resolution of both images, to the resolution of the 50mm.
          >
          > Does someone already did such project?
          >
          > I did some search on this forum because I already read something on this matter but obviously, I didn't used the right ones. It's probably what we call a language barrier!
          >
          > Can you tell me which words I should use in the search to find it?
          >
          > Or any advice?
          >
          > Thanks, Luc

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2013
            Hi Luc!
            The easy thing is to output an equirectangular for both things.
            Let's say you cover 360x 120 degrees with the 50mm and one shot up with the emisphere (that will be not entirely covered.
            You have to make a new project stitching the 2 equis, being the lower your first. Use masks to remove the black parts. The output resolution being the one of the biggest image.
            :-)

            Luca

            2013/5/23 Luc Villeneuve <luc_villeneuve@...>
            Hello everyone,

            I have a project with hot air balloons leaving the ground and a huge crowd looking at these balloons. The client wants the user to be able to add their Facebook tag on the image.

            Of course, all the balloons are moving. To freeze the balloons, I have to use a short lens. It might be a 10,5mm. On the lower hemisphere, the people have to be captured at high definition. Let's say 50mm. At the end, I need to match the resolution of both images, to the resolution of the 50mm.

            Does someone already did such project?

            I did some search on this forum because I already read something on this matter but obviously, I didn't used the right ones. It's probably what we call a language barrier!

            Can you tell me which words I should use in the search to find it?

            Or any advice?

            Thanks, Luc

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional