Polepano prototype head - 300D or 350D with Peleng or 10.5

  • Blake Michaelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      I've been very intrigued by the recent flurry of forum interest in pole
      panos. So much, in-fact, that I to began to prototype a
      low-production-run camera mount specifically designed for pole mounting,
      but versatile enough to use for rough standard tripod use.

      The design itself is not unique, it's simple enough to make a similar
      panohead at home with a few tools and supplies from a home supply store.
      I did, however, want a bit more accurate and aesthetic "professional"
      version that I could use in a commercial setting without looking like I
      banged it out in my garage. Therefore I designed, and had manufactured,
      a prototype based on a my particular pano setup which is a Canon 350D
      (Digital Rebel XT) and a Peleng 8mm lens.

      *http://tinyurl.com/yduen3*

      I've got a few extras from the proto run for sale - look at the page for
      more details - pretty much only of interest to Peleng and 10.5 (I think
      - as I do not own one) owners with a 300D or 350D... no intention to
      spam the group just, thought it might assist the industrious home
      enthusiast make their own panohead or keep a frustrated one from going
      insane!