new stitcher based on PanoTools format

  • nburtey
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2013
      Hi,

      We just released, in beta, a new stitching tool dedicated to stitching videos, called VideoStitch : http://www.video-stitch.com

      The stitching engine has been written from scratch to run on the GPU, with the CUDA platform, providing huge speed benefits compared to actual CPU stitcher, which is critical when doing videos.

      The calibration part is based on either PTGui or Hugin. We're handling all the common feature, and advanced feature such as masking are coming soon ( even though, it's far from obvious to handle this 2 formats ! many PTGui settings are the inverse or the opposite of the Hugin one )

      If you're thinking to go to the 360 market, you should definitely give it a try ! :-)

      We have a demo with some footage based on GoPro 2 on the download page if you haven't any camera yet. And it's free to use with an export resolution of 1600x800 while we are in beta.

      I would be happy to know what the PanoTools community think about it !

      Best regards,
      Nicolas
    • JerryRoger Hicks
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2013
        What do you use video stitch for?
      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2013
          On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM, JerryRoger Hicks <beachpoet@...> wrote:

          What do you use video stitch for?

          Sorry, but I couldn't resist :
          hahahahahaha

          For Stiching Videos, doesn't sound like that ???
          :-)

          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          http://ayrton360.com
          twitter.com/ayrton360

          "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2013
            Am 08.05.2013 19:20, schrieb AYRTON:
            > For Stiching Videos

            ... from rigs like the freedom360 f.e. or any other rig made of several
            video cameras I assume.

          • nburtey
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2013
              > ... from rigs like the freedom360 f.e. or any other rig made of several
              > video cameras I assume.

              Exactly !
            • nburtey
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2013
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "JerryRoger Hicks" <beachpoet@...> wrote:

                > What do you use video stitch for?

                Thank you Ayrton for the precision ! :-)

                You will use VideoStitch, and more generally 360 videos to have more "life" in your panorama.

                But it's still a complicated process at the moment. Hopefully, VideoStitch should help ... on the stitching step.

                Another main problem right now is the bandwidth. The video have to be very large, and with low end connection, it doesn't work very well.

                But of course all this will evolve very quickly !