Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Back up your backups?

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2, 2013
      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      Ptgui.

      It's what virtually everyone uses.

      Sacha Griffin

      And  AUTOPANO GIGA from Kolor

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

      "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

      Office: 404-551-4275

      On May 2, 2013, at 11:34 PM, John <john@...> wrote:

      I have a question for all my collogues,  I have been a very deep user of the program Stitcher. The program sold to Autodesk years ago, and because of upgrades in the Apple operating system, it has failed on all installations on my MAC, but I still have a working copy on my PC.  There are two reasons I still use Stitcher as my main software for panorama production.  One, is that it includes enblend, which makes my images as sharp as 8X10, and second because you can go to the center of the image projection and from a center point lift or lower the center of the image.  I think since Stitcher was a bundled package with Monfroto’s QTVR head that since the native projection was based on a being able to manipulate a spherical geometry, that you are able to shift the counterpoint of an image.  By this, I mean that you can stand at the corner of a building and rotate the vantage point to where it looks like you were standing predominately in front of the right side of the building.  With the press of the “alt” key and the left clicking, you can change the vantage point so that the point of focus travels to a point where you are on the right side of the building, as if sliding within a sphere.  You can also raiser the center point to correct of distortion.  Is there another software that lets you shift the image center based on a spherical center point projection?  NEED TO KNOW.

      John

      John McCarthy Photography

      801-699-6260

      31 M Street

      Salt Lake City, UT 84103

      www.johnmccarthyphoto.com

      Commercial | Resort | Food | Architectural

      Message 2 of 23 , May 3, 2013
        Am 03.05.2013 05:34, schrieb John:
        > I have a question for all my collogues, I have been a very deep user of the
        > program Stitcher.

        And why do you hijack a thread about backup? You probably get more
        attention and more answers if you start a new thread instead of simply
        pressing "Reply" in a totally unrelated discussion.