360Heros : Why 7 cameras?

  • hervejullian
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2013
      Hi
      Until this morning, we can see the differents sets proposed by 360Heros on their website:
      http://shop.360heros.com

      Could you explain me the necessity to shoot with 7 cameras?
      I thought overlap was ok with 6 cameras and it was enough to cover 360X180.
      What the difference between H3Pro6 & H3Pro7?
      Thank you
      Hervé
    • Matthew Rogers

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2013
          this looks far less solid than joergen geerds' 360freedom design which is also more affordable, and shipping now

          http://www.360freedom.us

          i would imagine vibration would be a problem with 360heros if used on a bicycle or skiing etc as there seems to be no positive lock to keep the cameras from coming loose and falling off, just a little plastic tab, but i have not seen this unit in real life

          otherwise, i assume one camera layout vs another might be advantageous for one scene vs another, depends on exactly what you shoot i suppose

          also seems 360heros calling itself "plug and play" seems a bit misleading to me, seems to imply some form of electrical connection between the gopros and the head, or some form of automated preview of panoramic video, etc but it seems to refer to just attaching (plugging ?) the cameras to the head and... ????

          sam

          - - - - -
          Sam Rohn :: New York City
          Panoramic Photography :: http://www.samrohn.com