GoPro Multi-Camera Cables

  • Giorgio Marchetto
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013
      http://cam-do.com/pentapus.html

      could this be useful for camera synchronization in a 360 rig?

      this website has a lot of interesting hacks about gopro.
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013
        They set the cameras up in "One button mode" so on a press the cameras start up and shoot either a still or video. But they dont say that they will be in accurate sync for video. In fact they say
        "They record a sound track for synchronization using PluralEyes or similar software." .. so they are saying you need to use video editing software to do postprocessing sync -- which means the sync wont be better than a single frame. But it might work for stills .. I am not sure.

        PeterM

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013
          btw there have been a couple of reports online from visitors to the Gopro stand at NAB2013 that there will be a 3d kit for Gopro 3's in
          summer" or "end of the year" and that they were showing samples

          a 3d kit doesnt mean though that there would be a genlock solution for more than two cameras

          the Sony rival to Gopro btw seems nice in some ways -- better low light than Hero2, image stabilisation, less conspicuous hand held profile

          PeterM

          > They set the cameras up in "One button mode" so on a press the cameras start up and shoot either a still or video. But they dont say that they will be in accurate sync for video. In fact they say
          > "They record a sound track for synchronization using PluralEyes or similar software." .. so they are saying you need to use video editing software to do postprocessing sync -- which means the sync wont be better than a single frame. But it might work for stills .. I am not sure.
          >
          > PeterM
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Giorgio Marchetto <mail@> wrote:
          > >
          > > http://cam-do.com/pentapus.html
          > >
          > > could this be useful for camera synchronization in a 360 rig?
          > >
          > > this website has a lot of interesting hacks about gopro.

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24, 2013
            image stabilization is a real problem for us...
            :-)
            ;-)

            2013/4/20 panovrx <mediavr@...>
            btw there have been a couple of reports online from visitors to the Gopro stand at NAB2013 that there will be a 3d kit for Gopro 3's in
            summer" or "end of the year" and that they were showing samples

            a 3d kit doesnt mean though that there would be a genlock solution for more than two cameras

            the Sony rival to Gopro btw seems nice in some ways -- better low light than Hero2, image stabilisation, less conspicuous hand held profile

            PeterM

            > They set the cameras up in "One button mode" so on a press the cameras start up and shoot either a still or video. But they dont say that they will be in accurate sync for video. In fact they say
            >  "They record a sound track for synchronization using PluralEyes or similar software." .. so they are saying you need to use video editing software to do postprocessing sync -- which means the sync wont be better than a single frame. But it might work for stills .. I am not sure.
            >
            > PeterM
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Giorgio Marchetto <mail@> wrote:
            > >
            > > http://cam-do.com/pentapus.html
            > >
            > > could this be useful for camera synchronization in a 360 rig?
            > >
            > > this website has a lot of interesting hacks about gopro.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)