Fwd: align two sets of -aligned- images

  • Clément Mayet
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2013

      Hi all,

      I have taken some pictures to make a timelapse movie. Unfortunately, during the process, I have slightly moved the tripod, resulting in two sets of images.Within each set, all images are perfectly aligned. I am wondering whether it is possible to save the alignement parameters between one picture of set1 and one picture of set 2, and apply them on all the pictures of set2 (instead of letting the software find matching point between all pictures, which would be much more expensive !).
      The answer is probably already somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

      Thanks for your answers !

      Clément

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2013
        Am 17.04.2013 12:15, schrieb Clément Mayet:
        > I have taken some pictures to make a timelapse movie. Unfortunately, during
        > the process, I have slightly moved the tripod, resulting in two sets of
        > images.Within each set, all images are perfectly aligned. I am wondering
        > whether it is possible to save the alignement parameters between one
        > picture of set1 and one picture of set 2, and apply them on all the
        > pictures of set2 (instead of letting the software find matching point
        > between all pictures, which would be much more expensive !).
        > The answer is probably already somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

        You didn't mention what stitching software you use. In PTGui you can use
        any project file (extension .pts) as a template. See
        http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#2_13 and
        http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#5_38 for details

        For hugin there should be something similar, but I don't have any
        experience.