Re: Freedom360 store open

  • joergengeerds
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15, 2013
      > Looks great but how about sync with Hero3 Wifi start? Gopro User group report random sync errors (to half a frame) with multiple tests. And that is with just two cameras. And the exposure will vary around the cameras. On the Yahoo 3dTV group btw there is a report that Gopro at NAB said there would be a 3d kit at the end of the year for Hero3s. If Wifi start is OK why would they introduce a 3d kit (apart from underwater use)?

      Thank you,

      while the 360Rig had a custom wireless trigger that provided usually a sync down to 10ms (1/3 of a 30fps frame), the Wifi remote for the Hero3 does usually sync within the same frame, and we see the occasional 1-2 frames lag. by now, we have solved that by simply resyncing the videos, or simply removing the 1-2 offending frames (which is why we recommend a clap in the beginning). On average, this is not an issue, and we see it mostly nicely in sync, and hopefully the GoPro firmware Wifi will improve over time.
    • Ben Knill
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
        Hi do they work with timelapse controllers like this http://cam-do.com/GoProTimeController.html ?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 23, 2013
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ben Knill <benknill@...> wrote:

          > Hi do they work with timelapse controllers like this
          > http://cam-do.com/GoProTimeController.html ?

          I would recommend to use the camera internal timelapse function (from 0.5 to 60 sec). The cam-do solution doesn't fit into the hero3 cameras when they are inside the Freedom360 mount, nor are we certain that it'll work with the hero3, since we don't have the cam-do cable, nor space for it.