Happy new Year from Syria

  • panokaemena@mac.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Happy new year from Syria!

      Although public New Years Celebrations are not very common here in
      Syria (90% Muslims) there is something to celebrate this year as New
      year coincide with the 4 days long islamic Eid holidays.

      I found in my neighborhood this "Amusement Park" which was
      dangerously crowded. The merry go rounds and other devices were in
      precarious and dangerous conditions and mostly driven by human force.
      One had to watch not be hit by any of the "swinging things"....

      I took several panos and pole panos to capture the situation.

      http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Damascus/DamascusEid2/

      http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Damascus/DamascusEid3/

      http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Damascus/DamascusEid1/

      Willy