Re: [PanoToolsNG] Freedom360 store open

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 14, 2013
      Just to let you all know

      Joergen Geerds
      Will give a special workshop demonstrating his incredible Freedom360 at IVRPA next annual conference :

      Please consider coming to meet us in meeting the most amazing panoramic photographers

      AYRTON

      "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

      On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM, joergengeerds <joergengeerds@...> wrote:
      I hope commercial posts related to 360 panos are allowed:

      Just wanted to let you know that we officially opened our store last week at http://freedom360.us, where you can buy the Freedom360 rig for GoPro Hero3 cameras, as well as useful accessories.

      We're adding new accessories to the store, as well as adding more and better instructions and info about the rig, the cameras, and the video stitching process (see instructions on the site).

      I know extremely well how to stitch videos with PTgui (as well as 2 other upcoming video stitchers) and I am working to illustrate them better, I am somewhat unclear about a working video stitch workflow in Hugin, and I would appreciate some detailed pointers.

      Cheers

      Joergen

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 14, 2013
        Am 14.04.2013 15:56, schrieb John Conway:
        > FYI. I tried your site and Google Chrome displays "could not find "
        > http://freedom360.us <http://freedom360.us%2C/>"

        Seems your browser added the comma (%2C)

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 14, 2013
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "joergengeerds" <joergengeerds@...> wrote:

          > I hope commercial posts related to 360 panos are allowed:
          >
          > Just wanted to let you know that we officially opened our store last week at http://freedom360.us, where you can buy the Freedom360 rig for GoPro Hero3 cameras, as well as useful accessories.
          >
          > We're adding new accessories to the store, as well as adding more and better instructions and info about the rig, the cameras, and the video stitching process (see instructions on the site).
          >
          > I know extremely well how to stitch videos with PTgui (as well as 2 other upcoming video stitchers) and I am working to illustrate them better, I am somewhat unclear about a working video stitch workflow in Hugin, and I would appreciate some detailed pointers.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Joergen

          Looks great but how about sync with Hero3 Wifi start? Gopro User group report random sync errors (to half a frame) with multiple tests. And that is with just two cameras. And the exposure will vary around the cameras. On the Yahoo 3dTV group btw there is a report that Gopro at NAB said there would be a 3d kit at the end of the year for Hero3s. If Wifi start is OK why would they introduce a 3d kit (apart from underwater use)?

          PeterM
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14, 2013
            On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM, panovrx <mediavr@...> wrote:
            Looks great but how about sync with Hero3 Wifi start? Gopro User group report random sync errors (to half a frame) with multiple tests. And that is with just two cameras. And the exposure will vary around the cameras. On the Yahoo 3dTV group btw there is a report that Gopro at NAB said there would be a 3d kit at the end of the year for Hero3s. If Wifi start is OK why would they introduce a 3d kit (apart from underwater use)?

            PeterM

            <http://bit.ly/ipanema360>

            Cheers

            + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
            http://ayrton360.com
            twitter.com/ayrton360

            "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

          • joergengeerds
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15, 2013
              > Looks great but how about sync with Hero3 Wifi start? Gopro User group report random sync errors (to half a frame) with multiple tests. And that is with just two cameras. And the exposure will vary around the cameras. On the Yahoo 3dTV group btw there is a report that Gopro at NAB said there would be a 3d kit at the end of the year for Hero3s. If Wifi start is OK why would they introduce a 3d kit (apart from underwater use)?

              Thank you,

              while the 360Rig had a custom wireless trigger that provided usually a sync down to 10ms (1/3 of a 30fps frame), the Wifi remote for the Hero3 does usually sync within the same frame, and we see the occasional 1-2 frames lag. by now, we have solved that by simply resyncing the videos, or simply removing the 1-2 offending frames (which is why we recommend a clap in the beginning). On average, this is not an issue, and we see it mostly nicely in sync, and hopefully the GoPro firmware Wifi will improve over time.
            • Ben Knill
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
                Hi do they work with timelapse controllers like this http://cam-do.com/GoProTimeController.html ?

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 23, 2013
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ben Knill <benknill@...> wrote:

                  > Hi do they work with timelapse controllers like this
                  > http://cam-do.com/GoProTimeController.html ?

                  I would recommend to use the camera internal timelapse function (from 0.5 to 60 sec). The cam-do solution doesn't fit into the hero3 cameras when they are inside the Freedom360 mount, nor are we certain that it'll work with the hero3, since we don't have the cam-do cable, nor space for it.