Re: [PanoToolsNG] Stabilized 360 handheld videos

  • Michel Thoby
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2013

      Le 6 avr. 2013 à 04:17, panovrx a écrit :

      Now possible maybe with this ground level version of a helicopter digital multi-axis stabilized camera mount. These kind of rigs are popular for helicopters etc but this is the first compact handholdable version I think. Unlike oldfashioned gyroscopes which are very heavy and make a lot of noise this uses very compact accelerometer sensors and silent motors to enable amazing smooth camera moves. Also a second operator can steer the camera remotely with a joystick
      http://vimeo.com/63357898
      http://freeflysystems.com/

      PeterM
      Thanks for the links.
      What an astounding technology!

      On another closely related front, I am impressed by the new 4k aerial imagery gears that were dedicated only for shooting from full scale helicopter but that can now be embarked onboard (octo-copter) drones:

      Michel
    • giant_klobasa_monster
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 7, 2013
        wow this looks awesome.

        i guess it's a few thousand $ at least!

        > Now possible maybe with this ground level version of a helicopter digital multi-axis stabilized camera mount. These kind of rigs are popular for helicopters etc but this is the first compact handholdable version I think. Unlike oldfashioned gyroscopes which are very heavy and make a lot of noise this uses very compact accelerometer sensors and silent motors to enable amazing smooth camera moves. Also a second operator can steer the camera remotely with a joystick
        > http://vimeo.com/63357898
        > http://freeflysystems.com/
        >
        > PeterM

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7, 2013
          I'm curious too. I think around 5-6K complete with external RC, video transmitter and monitor.
          Still it would be a good price and I hope it is rentable. Use would need good coordination between the operators, taht should share the same brain... ;-)

          2013/4/7 giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...>

          wow this looks awesome.

          i guess it's a few thousand $ at least!

          > Now possible maybe with this ground level version of a helicopter digital multi-axis stabilized camera mount. These kind of rigs are popular for helicopters etc but this is the first compact handholdable version I think. Unlike oldfashioned gyroscopes which are very heavy and make a lot of noise this uses very compact accelerometer sensors and silent motors to enable amazing smooth camera moves. Also a second operator can steer the camera remotely with a joystick
          > http://vimeo.com/63357898
          > http://freeflysystems.com/
          >
          > PeterM

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Luca Vascon.
        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7, 2013
            On the reddit discussion they mention $15000 but talk about similar cheaper heli versions that could be adaptable -- or build your own scenarios
            http://www.reddit.com/r/Filmmakers/comments/1bpz3s/amazing_movi_stabiliser_what_vincent_laforet_was/

            PeterM

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

            > I'm curious too. I think around 5-6K complete with external RC, video
            > transmitter and monitor.
            > Still it would be a good price and I hope it is rentable. Use would need
            > good coordination between the operators, taht should share the same
            > brain... ;-)
            >

            > 2013/4/7 giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...>
            >

            > > wow this looks awesome.
            > >
            > > i guess it's a few thousand $ at least!
            > >

            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <mediavr@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Now possible maybe with this ground level version of a helicopter
            > > digital multi-axis stabilized camera mount. These kind of rigs are popular
            > > for helicopters etc but this is the first compact handholdable version I
            > > think. Unlike oldfashioned gyroscopes which are very heavy and make a lot
            > > of noise this uses very compact accelerometer sensors and silent motors to
            > > enable amazing smooth camera moves. Also a second operator can steer the
            > > camera remotely with a joystick
            > > > http://vimeo.com/63357898
            > > > http://freeflysystems.com/
            > > >
            > > > PeterM
            > > >

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > --
            > >

            > --
            > Luca Vascon.
            > --
            > www.lucavascon.net
            > Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
            > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
            >
            > www.officinepanottiche.com
            > www.nuovostudio.it

          • pepoloe
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
              There is a lot of development in the brushless gimbal market at the moment.
              There are many different solutions even open source available.
              Search for brushless gimbal on youtube ...
              This was one of my latest videos made with a self made gimbal:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRACtawmfOE

              > On the reddit discussion they mention $15000 but talk about similar cheaper heli versions that could be adaptable -- or build your own scenarios
              > http://www.reddit.com/r/Filmmakers/comments/1bpz3s/amazing_movi_stabiliser_what_vincent_laforet_was/
              >
              > PeterM
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <luca.vascon@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm curious too. I think around 5-6K complete with external RC, video
              > > transmitter and monitor.
              > > Still it would be a good price and I hope it is rentable. Use would need
              > > good coordination between the operators, taht should share the same
              > > brain... ;-)
              > >

              > > 2013/4/7 giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@>
              > >

              > > > wow this looks awesome.
              > > >
              > > > i guess it's a few thousand $ at least!

              > > > digital multi-axis stabilized camera mount. These kind of rigs are popular
              > > > for helicopters etc but this is the first compact handholdable version I
              > > > think. Unlike oldfashioned gyroscopes which are very heavy and make a lot
              > > > of noise this uses very compact accelerometer sensors and silent motors to
              > > > enable amazing smooth camera moves. Also a second operator can steer the
              > > > camera remotely with a joystick

              > > > ------------------------------------
              > > >
              > > > --
              > > >

              > > --
              > > Luca Vascon.
              > > --
              > > www.lucavascon.net
              > > Questa � la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
              > > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
              > >
              > > www.officinepanottiche.com
              > > www.nuovostudio.it

            • Mark D. Fink
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
                Extremely impressive! Are you planning to make this gimbal system available
                for sale? Are you associated with Kamkop.de as well? Their six2fold design
                is VERY interesting. Just the thing for taking out into the field easily.

                Mark

                ------------------------------------

                --
              • pepoloe
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 9, 2013
                  Hi Mark,
                  yes, Peter @Kamkop is my friend and we build these custom copters ;-)
                  He did not plan to sell the gimbal without the copter, but if there is enough demand I see no reason why he should not sell it.
                  Cheers Traugott
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                  > Extremely impressive! Are you planning to make this gimbal system available
                  > for sale? Are you associated with Kamkop.de as well? Their six2fold design
                  > is VERY interesting. Just the thing for taking out into the field easily.
                  >
                  > Mark

                • panovrx
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 9, 2013
                    Yes this brushless gimbal tech looks very impressive -- eg. with a Nex5N
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHQiaHKmgI&list=UU4VbXCl5Du_lZ2Km64ZiMDg&index=3

                    PeterM

                  • jimbo
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 9, 2013
                      Hi Traugott,
                      I am very curious about these copters and would like to find out more.. So am I to understand that you guys sell these? My application would be for photographing / video of wildlife.. I have a million questions that probably should not occur here on the group..

                      regards

                      Jim Bechtel
                      Emigrant, MT / USA
                      He did not plan to sell the gimbal without the copter, but if there is enough demand I see no reason why he should not sell it.
                      Cheers Traugott
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                      > Extremely impressive! Are you planning to make this gimbal system available
                      > for sale? Are you associated with Kamkop.de as well? Their six2fold design
                      > is VERY interesting. Just the thing for taking out into the field easily.
                      >
                      > Mark

                    • pepoloe
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 9, 2013
                        Hi Jim,
                        I've used copters for 360° aerial views like this one:
                        http://www.360cities.net/image/unicredit-ladies-german-open-2012
                        but nowadays more interested in the new technology of brushless gimbals and custom copters which you can't buy in the next shop or China.
                        And yes we do sell them, If you are interested contact me off list.
                        Cheers Traugott