Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: A New Year's Pole Pano

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      On 1 Jan 2007, at 13:29, hmmsomethingelse wrote:

      >> <http://azurevision.co.uk/temp/newyear.html>
      >
      > Well done I was just looking at that at panoramas.dk as it was nice to
      > see one from near me.

      Thanks! I thought it would make for a nice contrast to all these big
      cities, though Michael's also shows something a bit different.

      > I was impressed with how you got the fireworks
      > nice and bright but still could see the street fine though I don't
      > know how much cutting and pasting you did...

      Shot in RAW on a 5D, and tweaking the conversion to get every last
      bit of tonal range that I could, so that the street and the lights
      would both be OK.

      Nothing was moved from one place to another, but it's a composite
      from a whole bunch of pictures all on the same exposure settings. I'm
      thinking of writing up a description of the process of shooting and
      stitching this pano:

      - Setting up the lighting stand to point out of the window and
      counterweighting it enough.
      - Test exposure shot and processed to see if I could get enough
      exposure range *and* a fast enough shutter speed
      - Take multiple shots of the street, and loads of the sky to get some
      fireworks.
      - Go "Eek!" on bringing the camera back in and realising that you've
      shot 114 photos...
      - Edit down to about 14 that ended up in the final pano.
      - Stitch and post-process.
      - Upload and send link to Hans.

      All in a couple of hours.

      Ian