Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: A New Year's Pole Pano
- On 1 Jan 2007, at 13:29, hmmsomethingelse wrote:
>> <http://azurevision.co.uk/temp/newyear.html>Thanks! I thought it would make for a nice contrast to all these big
> Well done I was just looking at that at panoramas.dk as it was nice to
> see one from near me.
cities, though Michael's also shows something a bit different.
> I was impressed with how you got the fireworksShot in RAW on a 5D, and tweaking the conversion to get every last
> nice and bright but still could see the street fine though I don't
> know how much cutting and pasting you did...
bit of tonal range that I could, so that the street and the lights
would both be OK.
Nothing was moved from one place to another, but it's a composite
from a whole bunch of pictures all on the same exposure settings. I'm
thinking of writing up a description of the process of shooting and
stitching this pano:
- Setting up the lighting stand to point out of the window and
counterweighting it enough.
- Test exposure shot and processed to see if I could get enough
exposure range *and* a fast enough shutter speed
- Take multiple shots of the street, and loads of the sky to get some
- Go "Eek!" on bringing the camera back in and realising that you've
shot 114 photos...
- Edit down to about 14 that ended up in the final pano.
- Stitch and post-process.
- Upload and send link to Hans.
All in a couple of hours.