NYE panos, Melbourne Australia

  • Neil Creek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi folks! Long time lurker, first time poster.

      I thought I would share with you a couple of panoramas I took last
      night during the New Years Eve festivities in Melbourne, Australia.

      This pano is one of my first serious attempts at a pole pano, simply
      using a monopod, panosaurus and the camera's self timer. I plan to get
      a wireless trigger for it one day. It is the view of the upper
      interior atrium of the Sofitel Hotel, from the 43rd floor balcony. I
      always get nervous taking this kind of pano, because of the
      potentially disastrous results of losing grip, even though I'm sure to
      keep a good grip. Any future pole solution will have some kind of
      rope/anchor in place.

      http://neil.creek.name/panoramas/creek-061231-216-pano.html

      The second pano is the view from our room on the night. My wife and I
      were fortunate enough to be invited to join some friends in their room
      on the 43rd floor of the Sofitel where they were staying on New Years
      Eve. The view of the fireworks over the Yarra River were spectacular.

      This panorama shows our view of the fireworks, and us enjoying
      ourselves in a very staged way :) In truth the inside half was taken
      just before midnight, and the outside view half was taken after
      midnight with us all watching out the windows.

      http://neil.creek.name/panoramas/creek-061231-252-pano.html

      I'm not completely satisfied with either panorama, but I wasn't taking
      it too seriously, with more emphasis being placed on enjoying the
      company of friends. I hope you like them, and I hope to see many more
      NYE panos from around the world!

      Neil
    • Neil Creek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        I hate to "bump" my own post, but because it was my first ever to this
        group, I was looking forward to hearing your opinions on the panos I
        posted.

        If you have a moment, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a
        quick look at them and tell me what you think and offer any
        suggestions you might have.

        Thank you for allowing my selfish request.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Creek" <neil@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks! Long time lurker, first time poster.
        >
        > I thought I would share with you a couple of panoramas I took last
        > night during the New Years Eve festivities in Melbourne, Australia.
        >
        > This pano is one of my first serious attempts at a pole pano, simply
        > using a monopod, panosaurus and the camera's self timer. I plan to get
        > a wireless trigger for it one day. It is the view of the upper
        > interior atrium of the Sofitel Hotel, from the 43rd floor balcony. I
        > always get nervous taking this kind of pano, because of the
        > potentially disastrous results of losing grip, even though I'm sure to
        > keep a good grip. Any future pole solution will have some kind of
        > rope/anchor in place.
        >
        > http://neil.creek.name/panoramas/creek-061231-216-pano.html
        >
        > The second pano is the view from our room on the night. My wife and I
        > were fortunate enough to be invited to join some friends in their room
        > on the 43rd floor of the Sofitel where they were staying on New Years
        > Eve. The view of the fireworks over the Yarra River were spectacular.
        >
        > This panorama shows our view of the fireworks, and us enjoying
        > ourselves in a very staged way :) In truth the inside half was taken
        > just before midnight, and the outside view half was taken after
        > midnight with us all watching out the windows.
        >
        > http://neil.creek.name/panoramas/creek-061231-252-pano.html
        >
        > I'm not completely satisfied with either panorama, but I wasn't taking
        > it too seriously, with more emphasis being placed on enjoying the
        > company of friends. I hope you like them, and I hope to see many more
        > NYE panos from around the world!
        >
        > Neil

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          The first one could have been a keeper but colors, dynamic range and
          noise are way beyond :)

          But don't let this discourage you, that's the what we all have to go
          through ;)

          Cheers
          J├╝rgen