Re: [PanoToolsNG] Thanks for help, and here's a panorama that resulted.

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25 1:35 AM
      Looks very neat and harp on my iPad. If you need silverlight on Mac to see it, you can see it also without silverlight by activating the developer menu in Safari and chose iPad as under user agent. Hope I got the expressions more or less right without looking at safari.

      Sent from my iPad

      Willy Kaemena

      On 25.03.2013, at 09:16, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to those who helped me through my contretemps with CS6, ACR and Bridge, I've stitched the first of my cherry-blossom vewing panoramas.
      >
      > I used my mirrorless Pentax K-01 (which has to be one of the biggest bargains going in cameras that might have been designed specifically for panorama taking) with the fine Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye. I took six around, and one up, one down. Another time I'd take two down, as the hole at the nadir was rather too large for comfort.
      >
      > I'd be interested to hear from anyone who uses this, or the optically equivalent Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, whether I could expect to get sharper results. I am quite pleased with this lens, but I do feel the need to go right to the limit with sharpening... and maybe I've gone a little over the edge with this one. Please tell me what you think.
      >
      > I hope you enjoy poking around and zooming into this panorama, which captures the Japanese crowds enjoying themselves. You'll see many vignette of young lovers, elderly couples, whole families and groups of friends--students and people from the same office. My wife is there, wearing a mask to keep out the pollen that makes her miserable with hay fever.
      >
      > http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c9466d77-aa32-4fcd-b3e4-a2290b46e861
      >
      > This link is iOS friendly, but MACs apparently need Silverlight. Sorry.
      >
      > Roger W.
      >
      > --
      > Business: www.adex-japan.com
      > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      > Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
    • Briar
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25 3:04 AM

        I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of loading. The pan is beautiful, and so well done with all the people in it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so long I gave up!!

        Briar.

        Looks very neat and harp on my iPad. If you need silverlight on Mac to see it, you can see it also without silverlight by activating the developer menu in Safari and chose iPad as under user agent. Hope I got the expressions more or less right without looking at safari.

        Sent from my iPad

        Willy Kaemena

        On 25.03.2013, at 09:16, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:

        > Thanks to those who helped me through my contretemps with CS6, ACR and Bridge, I've stitched the first of my cherry-blossom vewing panoramas.
        >
        > I used my mirrorless Pentax K-01 (which has to be one of the biggest bargains going in cameras that might have been designed specifically for panorama taking) with the fine Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye. I took six around, and one up, one down. Another time I'd take two down, as the hole at the nadir was rather too large for comfort.
        >
        > I'd be interested to hear from anyone who uses this, or the optically equivalent Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, whether I could expect to get sharper results. I am quite pleased with this lens, but I do feel the need to go right to the limit with sharpening... and maybe I've gone a little over the edge with this one. Please tell me what you think.
        >
        > I hope you enjoy poking around and zooming into this panorama, which captures the Japanese crowds enjoying themselves. You'll see many vignette of young lovers, elderly couples, whole families and groups of friends--students and people from the same office. My wife is there, wearing a mask to keep out the pollen that makes her miserable with hay fever.
        >
        > http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c9466d77-aa32-4fcd-b3e4-a2290b46e861
        >
        > This link is iOS friendly, but MACs apparently need Silverlight. Sorry.
        >
        > Roger W.
        >
        > --
        > Business: www.adex-japan.com
        > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        > Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net

      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25 3:41 AM
          On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:35:25 +0900, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...>
          wrote:

          > Looks very neat and harp on my iPad. If you need silverlight on Mac to
          > see it, you can see it also without silverlight by activating the
          > developer menu in Safari and chose iPad as under user agent. Hope I got
          > the expressions more or less right without looking at safari.
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > Willy Kaemena

          Thanks, Willy. That's good to know. I've had a couple of irate comments
          asking
          why I expect MAC users to install a WINDOWS utility, and one that
          Microsoft has
          announced it will be abandoning. I don't feel too bad about this because it
          sort of compensates for all the times I've clicked on a panorama link and
          found
          it was an SWF (Flash) version that I couldn't see on myiPad/iPhone. Ha, ha!

          Roger

          Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 25 3:44 AM
            On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:04:28 +0900, Briar <briar_bentley@...> wrote:

            I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of loading. The pan is beautiful, and so well done with all the people in it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so long I gave up!!

            Briar.

            Well, as they say, it's the thought that counts. Glad you liked the people. We have a lot of them here in Japan! <grin>

            As they say about the underground railway in Tokyo, "It's not the heat, it's the humanity."

            Roger

            Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
          • Ormar
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 25 6:37 AM
              Why not to share it on 360cities or tour wrist to make it more accessible? Can't see benefits in Photosynth. Is there any?

              > On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:04:28 +0900, Briar <briar_bentley@...> wrote:
              >

              > > I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of
              > > it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so
              > > long I gave up!!
              > >
              > > Briar.
              >
              > Well, as they say, it's the thought that counts. Glad you liked the
              > people. We have a lot of them here in Japan! <grin>
              >
              > As they say about the underground railway in Tokyo, "It's not the heat,
              > it's the humanity."
              >
              > Roger

            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 25 7:20 AM
                Roger
                congratulations
                One of the best I've seen from you
                Really nice scene !!!
                Thanks for sharing

                BTW: following Willy Kaemena Mac suggestions
                it is a MUCH BETTER experience, just incredible the difference from seen in arghhh photosintese

                I'm using MAC OS 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.3

                cheers from Rio

                + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                http://ayrton360.com
                twitter.com/ayrton360

                "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Roger D Williams
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 25 5:20 PM
                  If you can't see the advantages of photosynth it may be because you haven't used it. The area in which my panoramas are displayed is provided automatically and completely free of charge, and whenever I have a new one ready I simply export it from inside PhotoShop. It works equally well with iOS devices and PCs. I love it.

                  Roger W

                  Sent from my iPad

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 25 5:22 PM
                    Wow, Ayrton, praise from you makes me dizzy with pleasure!

                    Roger W

                    PS I have another one from the same shoot that I think is even better...

                    Sent from my iPad