Thanks for help, and here's a panorama that resulted.

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
      Thanks to those who helped me through my contretemps with CS6, ACR and Bridge, I've stitched the first of my cherry-blossom vewing panoramas.

      I used my mirrorless Pentax K-01 (which has to be one of the biggest bargains going in cameras that might have been designed specifically for panorama taking) with the fine Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye. I took six around, and one up, one down. Another time I'd take two down, as the hole at the nadir was rather too large for comfort.

      I'd be interested to hear from anyone who uses this, or the optically equivalent Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, whether I could expect to get sharper results. I am quite pleased with this lens, but I do feel the need to go right to the limit with sharpening... and maybe I've gone a little over the edge with this one. Please tell me what you think.

      I hope you enjoy poking around and zooming into this panorama, which captures the Japanese crowds enjoying themselves. You'll see many vignette of young lovers, elderly couples, whole families and groups of friends--students and people from the same office. My wife is there, wearing a mask to keep out the pollen that makes her miserable with hay fever.

      http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c9466d77-aa32-4fcd-b3e4-a2290b46e861

      This link is iOS friendly, but MACs apparently need Silverlight. Sorry.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
    • Willy Kaemena
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
        Looks very neat and harp on my iPad. If you need silverlight on Mac to see it, you can see it also without silverlight by activating the developer menu in Safari and chose iPad as under user agent. Hope I got the expressions more or less right without looking at safari.

        Sent from my iPad

        Willy Kaemena

        On 25.03.2013, at 09:16, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:

        > Thanks to those who helped me through my contretemps with CS6, ACR and Bridge, I've stitched the first of my cherry-blossom vewing panoramas.
        >
        > I used my mirrorless Pentax K-01 (which has to be one of the biggest bargains going in cameras that might have been designed specifically for panorama taking) with the fine Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye. I took six around, and one up, one down. Another time I'd take two down, as the hole at the nadir was rather too large for comfort.
        >
        > I'd be interested to hear from anyone who uses this, or the optically equivalent Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, whether I could expect to get sharper results. I am quite pleased with this lens, but I do feel the need to go right to the limit with sharpening... and maybe I've gone a little over the edge with this one. Please tell me what you think.
        >
        > I hope you enjoy poking around and zooming into this panorama, which captures the Japanese crowds enjoying themselves. You'll see many vignette of young lovers, elderly couples, whole families and groups of friends--students and people from the same office. My wife is there, wearing a mask to keep out the pollen that makes her miserable with hay fever.
        >
        > http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c9466d77-aa32-4fcd-b3e4-a2290b46e861
        >
        > This link is iOS friendly, but MACs apparently need Silverlight. Sorry.
        >
        > Roger W.
        >
        > --
        > Business: www.adex-japan.com
        > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        > Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
      • Briar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013

          I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of loading. The pan is beautiful, and so well done with all the people in it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so long I gave up!!

          Briar.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
            On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:35:25 +0900, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...>
            wrote:

            > Looks very neat and harp on my iPad. If you need silverlight on Mac to
            > see it, you can see it also without silverlight by activating the
            > developer menu in Safari and chose iPad as under user agent. Hope I got
            > the expressions more or less right without looking at safari.
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
            >
            > Willy Kaemena

            Thanks, Willy. That's good to know. I've had a couple of irate comments
            asking
            why I expect MAC users to install a WINDOWS utility, and one that
            Microsoft has
            announced it will be abandoning. I don't feel too bad about this because it
            sort of compensates for all the times I've clicked on a panorama link and
            found
            it was an SWF (Flash) version that I couldn't see on myiPad/iPhone. Ha, ha!

            Roger

            Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
              On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:04:28 +0900, Briar <briar_bentley@...> wrote:

              I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of loading. The pan is beautiful, and so well done with all the people in it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so long I gave up!!

              Briar.

              Well, as they say, it's the thought that counts. Glad you liked the people. We have a lot of them here in Japan! <grin>

              As they say about the underground railway in Tokyo, "It's not the heat, it's the humanity."

              Roger

              Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
            • Ormar
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
                Why not to share it on 360cities or tour wrist to make it more accessible? Can't see benefits in Photosynth. Is there any?

                > On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:04:28 +0900, Briar <briar_bentley@...> wrote:
                >

                > > I thought it looked fuzzy until I realised it had three levels of
                > > it. I tried to log onto Photosynth to leave a comment but it took so
                > > long I gave up!!
                > >
                > > Briar.
                >
                > Well, as they say, it's the thought that counts. Glad you liked the
                > people. We have a lot of them here in Japan! <grin>
                >
                > As they say about the underground railway in Tokyo, "It's not the heat,
                > it's the humanity."
                >
                > Roger

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
                  Roger
                  congratulations
                  One of the best I've seen from you
                  Really nice scene !!!
                  Thanks for sharing

                  BTW: following Willy Kaemena Mac suggestions
                  it is a MUCH BETTER experience, just incredible the difference from seen in arghhh photosintese

                  I'm using MAC OS 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.3

                  cheers from Rio

                  + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                  http://ayrton360.com
                  twitter.com/ayrton360

                  "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Roger D Williams
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
                    If you can't see the advantages of photosynth it may be because you haven't used it. The area in which my panoramas are displayed is provided automatically and completely free of charge, and whenever I have a new one ready I simply export it from inside PhotoShop. It works equally well with iOS devices and PCs. I love it.

                    Roger W

                    Sent from my iPad

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
                      Wow, Ayrton, praise from you makes me dizzy with pleasure!

                      Roger W

                      PS I have another one from the same shoot that I think is even better...

                      Sent from my iPad