Help needed with PS CS6 and Camera RAW in Windows 8

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
      The cherry blossoms in Japan are sensational this year, and I'm just starting to process a few panoramas I took today in a park that is famous for them. However, when I click on Browse in Bridge in PS I get an error message, something about Bridge Invoke equals zero, zero.

      Oddly enough I can open and use both Bridge and MiniBridge apart from PS (so they do exist and CAN be used) but MiniBridge wants to open files in PS itself, not ACR, and insists on me treating each file individually, not all at once, whereas what I really want to do is open them all and apply ACR's colour aberration removal to them all. Bridge, on the other hand allows me to open files with PS's internal ACR, but perversely won't let me save them all as TIFFs either individually OR all at the same time (sigh). And as I said, I can't call Bridge from inside PS. Argh!

      I'm probably just confused by some simple and obvious (to everybody else) difference between the way thing are done in CS6 and CS5 and/or Bridge. I could do all of what I wanted quickly and simply in PS CS5 and its Bridge/ACR, but I changed over to Windows 8 recently, and want to be able to take advantage of the improved functionalities of 64-bit CS6/ACR 7.3 and Win 8 on my PC.

      Would be grateful for any suggestions from PS experts. This is probably not very useful to other members of this list, who are virtually certain to be more familiar than I am with PS, so please feel free to use my roger atmark adex hyphen japan dot com mail address to keep this off list if you agree that it should be.

      Roger W

      Sent from my iPad
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
        Am 24.03.2013 08:27, schrieb Roger D Williams:
        > Oddly enough I can open and use both Bridge and MiniBridge apart from
        > PS (so they do exist and CAN be used) but MiniBridge wants to open
        > files in PS itself, not ACR, and insists on me treating each file
        > individually, not all at once, whereas what I really want to do is
        > open them all and apply ACR's colour aberration removal to them all.
        > Bridge, on the other hand allows me to open files with PS's internal
        > ACR, but perversely won't let me save them all as TIFFs either
        > individually OR all at the same time (sigh). And as I said, I can't
        > call Bridge from inside PS. Argh!

        Did you try to use explorer, select all raw image files and drop them on
        (open) PS? That's the way I do it all the time. I don't use Bridge
        usually, but ACR hasn't changed much between CS 5 and 6 regarding file
        load and save IMHO...

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
          I didn't but I will. Indeed I'll try ANYTHING.

          Roger

          Sent from my iPad

          On Mar 24, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

          > Am 24.03.2013 08:27, schrieb Roger D Williams:
          >> Oddly enough I can open and use both Bridge and MiniBridge apart from
          >> PS (so they do exist and CAN be used) but MiniBridge wants to open
          >> files in PS itself, not ACR, and insists on me treating each file
          >> individually, not all at once, whereas what I really want to do is
          >> open them all and apply ACR's colour aberration removal to them all.
          >> Bridge, on the other hand allows me to open files with PS's internal
          >> ACR, but perversely won't let me save them all as TIFFs either
          >> individually OR all at the same time (sigh). And as I said, I can't
          >> call Bridge from inside PS. Argh!
          >
          > Did you try to use explorer, select all raw image files and drop them on
          > (open) PS? That's the way I do it all the time. I don't use Bridge
          > usually, but ACR hasn't changed much between CS 5 and 6 regarding file
          > load and save IMHO...
          >
          > --
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

        • Briar
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013

            I think it is a fair question, I struggle to get Bridge to open at all. I use Camera raw in PS6 which is simply amazing in its ability to recover details, sort out colour problems etc. I can do this on all images at once or work on one then apply changes to all.

            Saving is simple too, one, selection or all, in whatever format I want. I don’t see that there is anything better than this process (for me anyway).

            Regards to all, Briar.